Sometimes, it's easy to forget how much work there is left to do on a refined emulator. While the rush of getting a new game to boot or discovering a crazy feature hidden within an obscure gem never gets old, those moments do tend to get further and further apart as accuracy increases. As if to defy fate itself, excitement reigned over the month of January as a plethora of ancient bugs were fixed and many unbootable titles finally saw their day of reckoning come to be!
Among the new recruits are the final Virtual Console game, a massive Wii MMO that installs itself to USB, two games where we're almost certain the developers purposefully put code in to defeat Dolphin, and two channels developed by the remnants of Factor 5.
And also the PlayStation 2 emulator pcsx2 has posted its Q4 2016 progress report with the notable addition of the start of adding PSX emulation, and with many enhancements and bug fixes, a massive update to the start of the year.
byuu released his newest emulation project: a ZSNES emulator, named bZSNES. You can see the full feature list, some screenshots, and download the first release on the project page and discuss it here.
About bZSNES is a portable ZSNES emulator for Windows, OS X and Linux; written in C++. It is licensed under the GNU GPLv2.
Features • bZSNES emulates almost all of the major features of ZSNES:
• VRAM can be written at any time, even while screen is rendering
• OAM and CGRAM can also be written at any time
• DSP echo buffer writes do not interfere with APURAM
• DRAM does not need to be periodically refreshed
• H/DMA synchronization does not steal CPU time
• auto joypad polling results can be read immediately
• CPU multiplication and division register results can be read immediately
• mid-scanline writes to PPU registers do not interfere with video output
• PPU background and sprite layers can be individually toggled on and off
• DSP voice channels can be individually toggled on and off
• CPU speed can be adjusted from its official frequency
... and more!
Compatibility bZSNES is sure to be highly compatible with software made for ZSNES, such as:
• BS Zelda [English translation]
• Bahamut Lagoon [English translation]
• Sailor Moon: Another Story [English translation]
• Super Mario World [Addmusic hacks]
... and much more!
Look & Feel But it doesn´t stop there! bZSNES also emulates the look and feel of ZSNES. You can even theme bZSNES with your own colors and fonts!