ePSXe uses graphics plugins in order to produce the Playstation display. Although it works with most video cards, a decent Graphics Accelerator Card to handle 3D graphics is a plus (a big plus).
Now here's a list for the plugin types for the most common graphic cards:
- 3dfx Voodoo 2 = Glide plugins (could crash with certain drivers)
- 3dfx Voodoo 3 = D3D or Glide plugins
- 3dfx Voodoo 4/5 = D3D or Glide plugins
- ATI Radeon = OpenGL plugins
- ATI Rage 128/Expert = D3D (DirectX 7) plugins
- nVidia GeForce 1 thru 4 & FX = OpenGL plugin
- nVidia TNT/TNT2 = D3D plugins
- Matrox G200/G400 = D3D plugins
- All others = D3D plugins
** Software plugins are the most compatible. They do not offer graphic 3D enhancements like the others, but can be used with any graphics cards.
Simply select your plugin from the menu, then click "configure" to be brought to the plugin's configuration menu. Done? Click "Next"