DEmul is SEGA multi-system emulator, originally developed with Sega Dreamcast in mind. Currently, in the develop process emulator supports also: Sega Model 3, Sega Hikaru, Sega Saturn, and arcades based on the DC: Naomi, Naomi2, and Atomiswave.
Here's changelog for latest version:
* AICA: fixed sound
* CORE: added 7zip support for roms
* CORE: added mmu support for dynarec
* CORE: fixed maple timers
* CORE: fixed memcards in WinCE
* CORE: fixed save states
* CORE: new sh4/ppc cores, improvements, bugfixes
* CORE: removed redundant gpu/spu multi threading
* GDR: added support for filenames with spaces to GDI
* GDR: fixed gdrImage plugin
* GDR: fixed thread mode
* GDR: removed redundant gdrDemul plugin
* GPU: fixed DX3 z-buffer bug
* GPU: new DX11 plugin featured order-independency transparency, object list multi-layered render simulation, translucent modifiers, aspect ratio support with hotkeys, two-pass postfilters, texture conversion on the GPU
* GUI: new VMS manager merged with maple devices, menu rearranging
* MODEL3: added little improvements, still no sound, not a priority since supermodel is here ;)
* NAOMI: added M1/M2/M3/M4 decompression implementation, now all protections are emulated (thanks to Adnreas Naive, Deunan Knute, MAME and DU teams)
* NAOMI: added jvs standart touchscreen emulation (Touch De Uno! 2)
* NET: new proprietary network plugin added
* VMS: added default vms file to all ports
PokeMini Emulator is a Nintendo Pokémon Mini Handheld emulator for Windows, Linux, Nintendo DS, PSP, GP2X Wiz and Dreamcast..
-: 0.4.4 Changes :-
Fixed POPA/POPAX timings (thanks asterick).
Added support to read/write configurations @ ´pokemini.cfg´.
Load/save state are now working!
Added support for unshared EEPROM files (Each ROM can have his own EEPROM).
SDL Only: Zoom can now be changed on the fly under "Platform..."
Added more options.
A new test version of the Dreamcast emulator Makaron (NAOMI version) has been released.
NAOMI Test 12/7. I don´t have time to work on T13 lately and I´m not going to rush it, so you get this instead. I experimented a lot on this code - it might be actually less stable than the previous version. On the bright side, Power Stone is playable now. Should be, anyway
Over at Emurussia 2 new versions of the Dreamcast Emulator for Windows have been released, heres the translation:
- The new GPU, automatic sorting, modifiers.
- New SPU, sound still can sputter and every port, work in progress.
- Fixed some errors multi-mode, should work more stable.
- Added automatic limiting staff.
- Now and native 64-bit version for owners of 64-bit operatsionok
Chui has today released a new version of his Spectrum Emulator for the Dreamcast:
- ZX-Spectrum 48K, Plus/64K, 128K, Plus2 and Plus3 models.
- Assembler RACE/FACE Z80 core.
- Joystick emulated: Kempston, Sinclair1, Sinclair2 and Cursor joystick.
- Filemanager with subdirectories access.
- SNA and Z80 snapshots support.
- TZX and TAP tape images support.
- Fast loading tape time.
- Virtual keyboard and virtual tape
- Under PAL dreamcasts ask 60-50Hz selection.
- GNU/Linux and Windows video scaled and TV filter using hardware.
- Raw binary (.bin) and interleaved (.smd) ROM format support.
- GZip, Zip and 7-Zip compressed file format support.
- YM2612 emulation core by Stef.
- PSG emulation.
- SDL Dreamcast implementation by Chui.
- The sound is being emulated but not output yet, though.
- On-screen menu.
• MMU Implementation - As previously noted, linux-dc now runs quite well, albeit slowly.
• Dreamcast mouse and keyboard controllers (also rather essential for running linux-dc)
• Support for real joysticks and gamepads (linux host only)
• Various bug fixes
• Change timer (TMU) interrupts to be precise (within the bounds of a code block anyway)
• Implement SLEEP op properly in translator
• Clamp run speed in the GUI if it’s running too fast
• Run event loop more frequently to avoid missing keyboard events
• x86-64 architecture support
• Preliminary Mac OS X support
• Pbuffer support (to support OpenGL drivers without EXT_framebuffer_object)
• Support for more recent CDI and NRG image file versions
• Minor bugfixes
A quick update of the Dreamcast emulator nullDC has been released. Here's the change log since the previous BETA:
Changes Since 1.0.0 BETA 1.5:
-Old chanka aica code restored
-Elsemi code moved to ElsemiAICA,replaced all chanka code with nullAICA parts & fixed the timing bugs.
-nullPVR requires sm2.0 or fallbacks Fixed Function
-Relaxed the debug check on invalid loops (fixes nullAICA crashes on DOA2LE, possibly elsewere too)
-PowerVR AA mode now works properly (omikron half screen problems, possibly others)
-Version changed to 1.0.0 beta 1.6
-nullExtDev no longer requires winpcap when not emulating anything :)
fox68k has released a new version of the NeoGeo emulator for the Dreamcast:
This new version features the lastest FAME core and the new FAZE (Z80 emulator for DC). Basically, the emulation speed in some games have been improved, specially in Metal Slug 2 (i recommend to overclock the m68k and underclock the z80 for this game), Art of Fighting 2 and Pulstar among others.
nullDC has some quite impressive progress these days. After the recent changes and additions more games start to become playable. CDDA support was implemented so games with audio tracks now have music. nullDC also run Virtua Cop 2, its first Windows CE game (Tomb Raider Chronicles was booting before, but it wasn't playable). Some sound and GD-ROM changes also made Bangai-O playable.
Here are some screenshots of Bangai-O, Half Life and Virtua Cop running in the latest (unreleased) nullDC BETA. Click on the links to see the images.
DEmul is a Dreamcast emulator for Windows. It is developed by Wind, ajax16384 and CaH4e3. Even though this is the first release of DEmul, it already supports running commercial software (games) and has various features such as save states.
Here's the list of the features taken from the help file that comes with DEmul:
• No open-source for this time, sorry...
• Plugin system for GPU and peripherals (SDK and docs will be available later)
• SH4 Dynarec (fast and furious) and Interpreter (more accurate and compatible) modes
• MMU support (for Interpreter mode), Exceptions and Interrupts emulation
• Sound support (still imperfect)
• Four input ports up to 5 devices each
• DC Keyboard support
• Standard/VGA video modes
• TPU speed adjusting
• VMS manager
• Savestate support up to 10 slots (about 2-15Mb in size each)
• Original BIOS and Flash files needed (not included in release)
-- Credits to Exophase for releasing such a fine emulator that I have merely ported it to run on the dreamcast using the included C core, does not use dynarec like the psp version.
please check the other readmes.
included is a scrambled binary, game_config.txt. requires a gba bios named gba_bios.bin(you can dump it yourself, see http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/GBA_BIOS)
place your gba roms on the root of the cd and burn everything to cdr, in what ever method you need to make a bootable cd.
- Bugs solved:
Bug in the sound with some games (Bomb Jack, Pinball Action, etc).
Bug with games with I8085 processor (Phoenix runs with sound again).
Screen centering in the not scaled + rotated video mode.
- Some changes by Slaanesh:
New playable games: Robocop, Hippodrome.
Sound improvements: Sly Spy, Midnight Resistance, Dark Seal, Juno First.
Control Improvements: Midnight Resistance, Heavy Barrel, Ikari Warriors, Victory Road, Defender.
Other improvements: Time Pilot, Pooyan, Tutankham, Gyruss.
LTK has posted a new version of CPCast the Amstrad CPC Emulator for the Dreamcast, heres whats new via translation:
New version of CPCast. Still one is a quite primitive version of which it is expected is the final version. There are enough quite significant changes and, Here a list
- A little more speed.
- Partial support of virtual keyboard
- Feasible Selecionable from images DSK
- Car writing of run " exec_file in the modoemulador
- Fosforito Ways/Color
- Intensity of selectionable Monitor
- Directional Pad mapping with the keys Or, P, Q, To, SPACE,
- (Perhaps) U.S.able with no need of keyboard
Many questioned me when I decided to work on an emulator
many considered more than adequate. I had two main purposes
for the creation of this newest incarnation of NesterDC.
First, improve compatibility and speed. The release of
NesterDC 7.1 brought seemingly fullspeed emuation, but
somehow compatibility dropped a couple of notches. Many
games no longer worked that were fine in version 6.
Second, I wanted to see an emulator that had many useful
extras such as screen shots, NSF music, cartridge scans, a
favorites list, and more.
In the end, I have accomplished my goals. The result is
an emulator that is, at the core, functionally an
improvement over its predecessors but has a uniqueness
that can easily be appreciated.
Evening Chaps and Ladies, because the team here needs a hand ill just do 3 quick newsposts of new and newish releases. First off my pal Chui (Hosted by Emu64) has released a new version of his NeoGeo Emulator for the Dreamcast that supports Cartridge roms and not just the NeoGeo CDs, heres Chui`s News post:
Alpha version of NEO4ALL fork for playing NEOGEO roms under Dreamcast.
First, you need convert your NEOGEO game roms with convert tool included.
Second, toast all files of dreamcast directory and place your converted roms where you want.
At the moment, 10 large games have preliminar prefetch for fine playing:
- Art Of Fighting.
- Blazing Star.
- Captain Tomaday.
- Magical Drop III.
- Metal Slug X.
- Shock Troopers.
- Aero Fighters 3 / Sonic Wings 3.
- SNK vs Capcom - SVC Chaos.
- Tecmo World Soccer '96.
- Zed Blade / Operation Ragnarok.
Games below 16MBytes can be played without problems, i have tested 44 games. Another games of compatibily list can be loaded, but you will have a lot of cdrom read switching.
Problems and comments about your tests here.
GPF is in the process of porting over DOSBox for the Dreamcast console. Here is what he posted over at his site.
Iv got the shell running so far on my dreamcast hardware, still needs some work and don't know how fast , compatibility ,sound etc are working yet. Still need to figure out how to mount the dc gdrom as a drive to load dos games from also.
Head on over to GPF's site to check out the screenshot and to get some more information.
chui has released a new beta build of his NEOGEO/CD emulator for the Dreamcast console. Here is the latest changes for NEO4ALL Beta 3.
• Neo Turf Masters game fixed.
• CDDA track change will not stall gameplay anymore.
• New auto-frameskip method, much exact.
• Load/save from/to VMU will not stall gameplay anymore.
• Sound render improvements.
• New loading screen.
• Compiled with new Chui's SDL driver.
• More accurate 68000 CPU timming.
• General improvements.
Head on over to the official site for more information. Thanks to wrags for the heads up on IRC.
Chui has released a fixed build of his recently released port of CaSTaway (Atari ST emulator) for the Dreamcast console. So if you grabbed RC2 prior to this post you probably want to give it another download so you have the fixed version. This new build fixes the autoframeskip/vsync bug.
Chui has released RC (release candidate) 2 of his Atari ST emulator for the Dreamcast console. Here is the changes for DCaSTaway RC 2.
• Overscan bottom border render.
• Stored queues improvements.
• Medium resolution fixed.
• Some input fixes.
• Atari ST video 50/60 switch support.
• No CRC calculation when cache not present.
• Multidisk support.
• General improvements.
Head on over to the official site for more information. Thanks to wrags for the heads up on IRC.
I just read over at DCEmu.co.uk about a new SNES emulator in the works for the Dreamcast Console. Here is what Chui posted about this new project.
Today, i will compile first prototype of SNES4ALL under Dreamcast!!!!
A new project of SuperNintendo emulator for Dreamcast and GPX2 by Fox68k, Franxis and me. It's a remix of last snes9x and snes9x Zaurus port (SDL video). Also, i convert Unix ioctl audio to SDL audio. Now, it's compile under Windows and GNU/Linux.
Pretty sweet news for you Dreamcast users out there. Head on over to the announcement post for more information and to leave some comments.