Dolphin Emulator or simply Dolphin Emu is a Gamecube and Wii emulator. Most games run perfectly or with minor bugs. Games are playable at HD quality, up to 1080p. This is a remarkable feature the actual Gamecube and Wii consoles are not capable of. As an open source project everyone can commit improvements. The code is hosted on code.google.com. Dolphin is actively developed and almost every day new features are added and bugs fixed as well.
Dolphin comes with default settings that may not be the best for you. You can get massive performance boost by just modifying a few settings. Gains of +20 FPS are not unusual. Here's a few tips to speed up performance:
· At "Fullscreen Display resolution" choose your display resolution.
· If you want to play in 720p change the "Window Size" to 1280x720. For 1080p simply choose 1920x1080.
· Under "Graphics" it is important to check "Enable EFB copy To Texture" and "Disable Fog".
· For some games like Super Mario Galaxy (SMG) the option "Enable CPU->EFB access" under "Graphics -> Direct3D" needs to be checked in order to be able to pull the stars. However, this can cause slowdowns.
· If you are experiencing crashes in some games, check the option "Safe Texture Cache".