ePSXe is a feature rich and compatible emulator for the Playstation. The ePSXe emulator does have a handy configuration wizard, but this guide will step you through the configuration options available.
Minimum System Requirements
In order for the emulator to work the following are required :
- Windows 9X / ME,XP or 2000.
- DirectX Sound Compatible Hardware.
- Pentium II, Pentium III, Celeron, or any compatible processor. (300 MHz at least are highly recommended).
- 32 MB of RAM at least.(128 MB are recommended).
- Fast video card (3D-Card is highly recommended).
- 16x or faster CD-ROM or desktop DVD-ROM drive.
- Direct X 7.0a or higher
Be sure to have the most recent plugins for EPSXE, and place them in the specified directories under ePSXe (Plugins go in "plugins" folder..blablabla). Those plugins can be found here at EFX2.com as well. If you downloaded our "Installation Pack" this is already done for you.
Double click the ePSXE executable. From the top menu go under "Config", and then select "Wizard Guide" as shown. Once the wizard opens click the next step.
This step involves the BIOS selection. If you have the BIOS in the correct "BIOS" directory, then it should appear under this screen. If you have more then one BIOS, you can select which one you want. Click "Next" to move onto the next step
ePSXe requires the use of the PSX BIOS. This file has not been included with this emulator since its distribution is considered illegal. Please do not email the author requesting the BIOS. Search Google if you need a bios file.