Six programers from Rare are joining together in hopes of creating a game of their own.
"Join us on our epic quest - Dream of a fun filled future of mega-awesome games! As we get back to our roots - creating unforgettable fun, unforgettable characters and unforgettable experiences, all sprinkled with a hint of magic dust from a golden age of gaming! Subscribe to receive the latest news and updates and opportunities to help shape our games!"
Happy holidays to all the regulars here at http://www.emulation64.com/.
I hope you all are enjoying a bit of time off and be able to chill.
Not sure what to do emulation wise this holiday?
Well this week has been active with a few emulators preparing for some big updates and even bigger progress:
ppsspp is planning its 1.0 release in the new year. For those who havn't followed the git releases, it now has an option of a directx9 backend, which opens up so many options (including texture replacement using apps such as texmod).
The playstation 3 emulator rpcs3 has made amazing progress and even getting ingame on some games, and currently shows off the language screen for watchdogs
And in plugin news, edgbla, has posted an interesting answer to how development of the gpuBladeSoft plugin is coming along, and hints about a release to push himself into continuing to work on the plugin.
Hi everyone been a while since i posted news here, been way too busy with real life and looking after my own stuff, great to see that emulation news is being posted reguarly again. From now on ill be posting news of new Consoles/Handhelds and New Skus of them being released.
Microsoft has released two new Xbox 360 spring hardware bundles.
Available exclusively at GAME while supplies last, both come with 250GB hard drives, two games and one month of free access to Xbox Live Gold.
• Spring Value Bundle (£200): 250GB Hard Drive, 1 Wireless Controller, 1 month Xbox LIVE Gold subscription, Batman Arkham City game (token), Darksiders 2 game
• Kinect Spring Value Bundle (£300): Xbox 360 Console, Kinect Sensor, 250GB Hard Drive, 1 Wireless Controller, 1 month Xbox LIVE Gold subscription, Fable: the Journey game, Wreckateer game (token)
The bundle featuring Batman Arkham City and Darksiders 2 hit US retailers last month priced at $299.
Microsoft will host a spring Xbox Live sale between March 26 and April 2, featuring discounts of up to 75 per cent on Arcade games, Games on Demand, add-ons, movies and more.
It's been 6 months, and 50 news about 25+ projects, for me, here at Emulation64.com... so I thought, it's a good time to gather some feedback from you, dear visitors.
If you visit e64 regularly and/or enjoy my modest contribution in site, drop a line, it would be nice to see some positive feedback. On the other hand, if you don't like my half-year presence here, you think something should be done different, something should be changed or improved (except my Engrish ofc, it always sucks) do not hesitate to leave a comment, constructive remarks are always welcome.
That's it - for all your posts, I thank you in advance :]
The best ROM/CHD manager has been updated. Changes:
- added: missing but fixable chds can get fixed automatically by fix-missing;
- added: append option for rebuilder log;
- misc: redisplay dir2dat window after dat completion to avoid minimizing issues;
- misc: dat export will only export active sets;
- misc: added trimming for subfolder rom/etc defintions.
New version available for " Wave Roar ", involving many utility PC emulators and tools, including 3 for the Nintendo DS, 1 for Game Boy Avdance and a GameCube / Wii.
This utility includes 14 of the best emulators (Kega Fusion, No $ gba , DeSmuME , iDeaS , Project64, fceux, snes9x, VBA-M , Dolphin , CPSP Pcsx, Pcsx2, NullDC, CxBx).
Classic99 is an open-source Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer emulator for Windows. Thanks to Dirk Verwiebe for the mail.
Improve memory access timing by wrapping all CPU accesses (making sure the CPU always does 16-bit access)
Fix cycle count patching in post_inc to be correct in all memory cases
Removed extra RMW faking in certain opcodes
Change default for "AllowTxtWithoutExtension" to false - Windows TXT files must have a recognized extension
Added support to read files without extension as DF128 (MUST have AllowTxtWithoutExtension set to 0 in the INI)
Added hack to allow faking the SID back to the 9919 (not available outside of source code)
Change interrupt flag to end_of_frame, and fix up the timing around that
removed some old CPU memory wrapper functions that didn´t do anything
make sure we still check the VDP for redraw even if the CRU interrupt is masked (fixes rare case where screen did not update)
Make sure the 9901 timer is not restarted when CRU bit 0 is cleared if it was not set
Automatically set CPU Overdrive mode when pasting text
Don´t let console hardware respond to odd memory addresses
Write VDP registers at the end of the VDPDUMP.BIN file
Fix S and SB again, but correctly. Anything minus 0 sets carry. I did test this, but my previous test was flawed.
EmuCenter2 is a simplistic interface that combines the best emulators *
cfor video game consoles with greater simplicity
* Console emulation: enables a computer to run games like a video game console
- A simple interface that combines all your games (emulation, pc or internet).
- Brings together the most popular console emulators for both 32 and 64 bits.
- Sets all emulators for immediate use with good settings.
- Brings together the most common settings for all emulators on the same page.
- Automatically sets the controller for all possible emulators. (plug and play
- Automatic and regular update of EmuCenter2 and its emulators.
- Download the game covers with a few clicks.
- Automatic seeking of description and a slideshow of the game (Work in progress to make the last 2 points automatic)
Supported consoles :
- Nintendo : Nes, Super nes, Gameboy, 64, Gamecube, DS and Wii
- Sega : Master system, Genesis, Gamegear, Saturn and Dreamcast
- Sony : PlayStation 1, 2 and PSP
- Other : Neogeo and arcade systems (Capcom CPS, Taito, Sega model 2, Arcade LaserDisc, ...)
version 18.104.22.168 (Complete / Full)
- Ajourne emulateur PCSX2 (PS2) -> SVN 0.9.7 build 4271
- Ajourne emulateur Dolphin (GAMECUBE / Wii) -> SVN R 6954 x86/x64
- Fixed some games appearing in the wrong section
Version 22.214.171.124 beta (partial)
- Prevents automatic search of covers more than 3 times per day
- Fixed various bugs
- Improving the filter before renaming a search (pouches, descriptions)
- Add passive mode to share games MD5 (avoids an error)
- Add a delay of 3 sec. before applying an update
(Supposed to fix an error when updating: s)
- Allows a large amount of ROM to be displayed without problems
- Option to display a list of games in list
- Redisplays description when the cursor returns to the game
- Add a search function pocket auto
(Uses a database being created)
(Option to share the results are output to enlarge the database)
- Removes extension displayed in the title description
- Attempts to correct aspet ratio pockets Nintendo DS (110px/100px)
126.96.36.199 / 188.8.131.52 (partial)
- Fixed interface colors applied even if cancel
- Attempt to filter the name of the game before finding description
- Adjourn translations (Français corrected: fredi125-> email@example.com)
- Google Images.nl for Dutch language
- Corrects the name of a language Deutsch -> Dutch (Netherlands)
- Improved search function description and slideshow
- Fixed bug: Unable to delete a file storage for Megadrive
- Add support for missing extensions (*. rom; SEGACD *. mp3, ...)
- Fixed refresh after adding faulty games (PS2, Sega Genesis)
- Straighten resolution does not MAMEUI modifiée
- Added option to change the language interface
- German Language added Thank tom9358
- Allows the addition of several storage directories games section
- Recursive Search games in their cases
- Adds a 1900x1080 resolution 16 / 9
- Fixed bug when adding bios when there is already
- Try to avoid having the residue icon JoyToKey
- Add support for missing extension (PSX, Fusion)
- Fixed window Desmume partially hidden for small resolutions
- Saving window position before leaving EmuCenter2
- Compact the interface principale
- Copy inftead move the games when adding
- Adds search function automatically description (EN) and slide show of a game
(To function, the name of the game must be perfectly written)
- Adds a description and a slideshow (5 images max) for games
- Allows the addition of several games in one section of a sudden
- Fixed location of the backup bios Saturn
- Improves various things
184.108.40.206 (Partial / Partial)
- Fixed an error in the update
- Simplifies the operation of the daphne emulator in EmuCenter2
'.EmuCenter2EMULATEURSdaphneromsREADME - daphne roms PART1 (Arcade LaserDisc emulator).txt'
'.EmuCenter2JEUXArcadeREADME - daphne roms PART2 (Arcade LaserDisc emulator).txt'
It is time to announce start of our pre-release testing. Next version of ScummVM is bringing you several new supported games as usual.
The games which were added are: Blue's 123 Time Activities, Blue's ABC Time Activities, Bud Tucker in Double Trouble and The 7th Guest. The procedure haven't changed, same as usual you need daily build of ScummVM, run through the games and submit any bugs you see along the way to the bug tracker. Once you complete the game, report on the forum post so the wiki page could be updated accordingly. We will need the version of the game, language, and platform.
Open Emu is an open source project to bring game emulation to OS X as a first class citizen, leveraging modern OS X technologies such as Cocoa, Core Animation and Quartz, and 3rd party libraries like Sparkle for auto-updating. Open Emu is based on a modular architecture, allowing for game-engine plugins, this means Open Emu can support a host of different emulation engines and back-ends while retaining a familiar OS X native front-end.
Currently Open Emu incorporates the following game engines as plugins:
adds support for NES/Famicom
adds support for Game Boy and Game Boy Color
adds support for Sega Master System, Game Gear, SG - 1000
adds support for Game Boy Advance
Open Emu also supports high quality scaling using Open GL, multithreaded video and audio playback as well as individual features and preferences per game engine, such as NTSC video signal emulation for the Nestopia Core.
The developers of ScummVM are pleased to announce that as of today, the classic game Discworld has full support for James Woodcock's Music Enhancement Project within the developers build. The project started way back in January 2006 as James Woodcock committed himself to use the original MIDI files from various Point and Click Adventure titles, creating enhanced versions using modern MIDI equipment. He has already released the Simon the Sorcerer version and can now add Discworld to his completion list:
"I have tried very hard to remain faithful to the originals in respect to the excellent composers creations..." says James Woodcock, creator of the ScummVM Music Enhancement Project. He continues "...There has been a lot of support and interest from Discworld fans, who have been monitoring its progress very carefully and it is with great pleasure I can finally play Discworld using new versions of the original soundtrack with many thanks to the developers of ScummVM for all their hard work in making this feature possible".
James uses the Yamaha Tyros2 keyboard hooked up to his computer via USB and after going through various tweaking, recording and editing, a finalised music track is born.
With permission from legendary author Terry Pratchett himself, the Discworld enhanced soundtrack (version 2.0) will be released in full and compatible with ScummVM in the future when hopefully we expect the freeware version of the game will be made available to the public to enjoy all over again.
The Sega Saturn is a console that lost the battle to the PSone in the 1990s but it was a great console in its own right. It also has a thriving Homebrew and Emulation Scene and many excellent Sega Saturn Emulators that play Commercial Games. Today ive opened a new dedicated Sega Saturn site to help as a base for files and discussion and also the latest news for the console.