WinUAE is the commodore amiga emulator for Windows. WinUAE is a mostly complete software emulation of the hardware of the Commodore Amiga 500/1000/2000. A Commodore Amiga, for those who donít know, is a 16/32 bit computer system based on the Motorola 680◊0 CPU and a few specially designed custom chips that provide very good graphics and sound capabilities. Its first incarnation, the A1000, appeared in 1985, followed by the highly successful A500 and A2000 models. WinUAE is a port of the originally written for Unixish systems UAE; but over time, it seems the Windows port, WinUAE has become the best version available on any platform. WinUAE is free software: you are welcome to distribute copies of it and/or modify it, under certain conditions. There is no warranty of any kind for UAE. For more details concerning these issues, please read the GNU General Public License, which describes the terms under which WinUAE is distributed.
WinUAE v3.2.0 Final Changeling:
3.2.0 bugs fixed:
- Loading statefile with enabled FPU crashed.
- Custom chipset display was shifted in some rare situations.
- 64-bit version didn't load DLLs without x64, _64,... extension in name.
- RTG board was not fully disabled if configured RAM config was incompatible.
Other bug fixes:
- 68040+ CPU mode statefile save buffer overflow.
- Unaligned supervisor stack was not allowed in 68020+ modes.
- Reduce RAM size and try again if Blizzard RAM allocation fails.
- Switch off triple buffering if windowed mode with DWM active.
VirtualC64 is a C64 emulator for Mac OS X from Dirk W. Hoffmann. VirtualC64 emulates a Commodore 64 personal computer on your Macintosh.
VirtualC64 v1.3 Changeling:
- VirtualC64 emulates a virtual datasette supporting the TAP format. To insert a virtual tape, simply drag and drop a TAP file into the main emulator window.
- A new toolbar icon has been added that opens a media dialog. The dialog provides information about the currently inserted disk, tape, and the attached expansion port cartridge.
- (Hopefully) fixed a bug that sometimes caused audio playback to stop when a saved state was dragged from the time travel drawer into the emulator window.
MacFCEU is a Mac OS X port of FCE Ultra. A Mac OS-specific port of FCE Ultra 0.98.13 - an NES/Famicon emulator. Classic and Carbon are supported exclusively.
Features include: NSFe support, a PPU tile viewer, a memory viewer/editor,
customized speed control, access to registers and counters in the
command line interface debugger, customizable high-quality audio,
and near-100% accurate 2A03/7 CPU emulation.
Recent changes include:
Added PPU memory, OAM RAM, APU registers, and PRG banking to Memory View.
Added iNES mappers 178 and "Holy Diver" 78.3.
Added Dendy autodetect (merely "(R)" for Russian).
Non-taken branches always read operand.
Regions now specific models; added RGB model (e.g., Titler; missing #13 grays).
2A0x rev. A emulation performs LXA; others, ATX.
Added 401x port/DMC DMA collision; dma_4016_read test passes (FourScore off).
Corrected 4014. DMA emulation not 100% correct, but sprdma_and_dmc_dma passes.
Fixed DMC channel DMA timing and 4017 IRQ bugs.
Correct rectangle duty types, replacing threshold with a customizable table.
Fixed rectangle sweep and frequency reload.
User-optional open bus input port mask.
Last field now first field (as it should have been).
Added 2007 busy reads.
NES soft reset and proper boot sequence. Knight Rider and Ironsword run again.
Improved even/odd and NMI timing (3+1.5 CPU cycles).
Added PPU A12 hook (e.g., manual MMC counting).
Revised menus; more items in case function keys aren't available...
4014 odd cycle rounding and implied reads (more complete 2A0x).
Added Dendy region (untested).
Added per-pixel composite index disabling.
Fixed IRQ/BRK/NMI concurrency. More tests pass.
Precision timings precalculated on CPU subcycle level, instead of PPU cycles.
More cases for faster 2x window drawing; revised blitter.
Fixed input & input drawing; automatic Zapper for Duck Hunt works.
Correct PAL emphasis (BRG).
Fixed palette power-up table, read and render-off input masks.
Fixed VS palette selection and dip switch display.
Sunsoft FME-7 IRQs acknowledged only clearing bit 0 of 13. Some flickering, tho.
Added missing CHR bank line for AxROM/mapper 7 boards; fixes Battletoads, others.
Added mapper 28 (INL-ROM) and TxROM/SxROM variants. More board recognition.
Added NMI-ISR window for BRK/IRQs, plus NMI instruction delay.
Corrected CPU power & reset states.
Branch during pagecross triggers pending IRQ; passes "5-branch_delays_irq".
Corrected ARR op, SHX, SHY, ANE and BRK operations on a Visual6502 level.
Adjusted initial triangle position for better channel mixing.
Fixed a major path bug that caused the wrong file to be opened.
New best-quality sound: pulse and noise channels always clock even if silent.
square_timer_div2 renders correctly now, no hacks. The most accurate APU yet!
Minimum triangle frequency #3 (18643.4659 Hz).
Fixed the triangle length bug. "Test Cartridge" runs normally.
Disabled minimum boot time for 2000h writes that broke nes-saw, others.
Fixed field ordering after NMI/VBL fix; added last-field user setting.
Adjusted no-render pixel offsets. Added "latch" decay (for ppu_open_bus.nes).
N106 rate ratio numerator set to exact value at best rate.
No more default WAVE name; ROM file base name by default (if loaded).
Fixed PPU and APU frame issues - all Shay Green VBL/NMI and APU tests pass.
Added sound latency and (better) overrun/overflow handling
- no more sound break-up issue in the newer builds of Basilisk II or fast NSFs.
Added initial frame limit to NSFs for ROMs like "battletoads & double dragon".
NSF frame size (rate) in file now used.
Added inverse table remapping so all emphasis is handled (per line, however).
Added interlacing to 2x scaling. Disabled obsolete assembly code
- faster full-screen Millions of colors screen doubling as a result.
Playfield/screen-off now writes single pixels instead of 8s.
Fixed the standard 64-color palette and NTSC HSB constants.
Replaced the APU frame divider singular "half counter" with a table.
Added Memory View window.
Fixed sound-off speed issues by internally rendering silent samples at 4998 Hz.
MMC5 PCM now disabled at init. (ROM must clear $5010 bit #6 and #0.)
Fixed a mapper sound bug and some shell bugs/issues.
Added ability to adjust the DC filter (or turn it off).
Higher quality sound playback of high sample rates on most Macs.
High definition non-aliasing sound, "best" rate of 100-111.8608 KHz
- faster than FCE Ultra's filtered 96KHz "high quality."
17:4 fixed-point sample rates.
- See the Changelog for more details.
==== Minimal Requirements ====
System 7.0 or later (7.5.5+ recommended)
A 68020 or better - over 200 MHz for real time performance.
(Some carts and NSFs are more demanding.)
2800KB of RAM (Largest Unused Block), preset to 4.5 MB/3 MB
MAME stands for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. When used in conjunction with images of the original arcade game's ROM and disk data, MAME attempts to reproduce that game as faithfully as possible on a more modern general-purpose computer. MAME can currently emulate several thousand different classic arcade video games from the late 1970s through the modern era.
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
- 00100: [Sound] (galdrvr.c) froggermc: After starting a game, the sound cuts off. (Osso)
- 05596: [Color/Palette] (thunderj.c) thunderj & clones: palette problem in the briefing (hap)
- 06049: [Gameplay] (ibmpcjr.c) ibmpcjr [kingqst, mouser, pitfall2, scubavnt] : some
softlist games are broken (crazyc)
-piggypas.c: fixed CPU type, added layout and some inputs. [Sandro Ronco]
-firebeat: add proper dongle dumps for kbm3rd, pop4 and popn5 [Guru, Ville Linde]
-Fix reversion for PI. PI transfers round length up, not down. Add [Happy]
field for VI interlaced modes. Display of interlaced video still
-adding ROM dump of Commodore MPS-1000 dot matrix printer [Felipe Sanches]
-dvk_ksm: update memory map, rom checksums. [shattered]
-ec1840, ec1841: clean up memory options [shattered]
-Victor 9000 Keyboard: Added two key labels I realized I'd forgotten.
Updated comments to be more clear about keys with multiple contacts
underneath but only one metal contact on the key. Noted in comments
that the symbolic and mode keys on the numeric keypad (except for
decimal point) are beige, not white. [Lord Nightmare]
-DEC LA120: Make the status leds and 7seg displays a popmessage(), for
now. [Lord Nightmare]
-Votrax TNT: fixed the memory map mirroring based on schematic.
[Lord Nightmare, Kevtris]
-added correct sprite rom dumps to Led Storm Rally 2011 (US) [Guru]
-adjusted the rom loading / gfxdecoding in the driver to accommodate
the correct ROMs for Led Storm Rally 2011 [David Haywood]
-z80scc rework [Joakim Larsson]
* z80scc_channel class rebased on device_t instead of z80sio_channel
* Improved LOG printouts
* Interrupt support started
* Made register pointer bits shared bewtween A and B channel as per
* Variant type keeping moved from channel class to device class where
* Clocks are blocked until Rx/Tx enabled by ROM code
* Improved logging
* Started variant handling
-tiki100: Added 8088 expansion ROMs. [Person]
-tiki100: Used PROM for memory mapping. [Curt Coder]
-tiki100: Added expansion bus and skeleton for 8088 card. [Curt Coder]
-tiki100: Connected the I/O space to the expansion bus, and added the
360KB floppy format for MS-DOS. [Curt Coder]
-tiki100: Added raw screen parameters. [Curt Coder]
-tiki100: Added skeleton for Winchester controller. [Curt Coder]
-tiki100: Added the expansion bus slots to the Z80 daisy chain.
-tiki100: Added BUSRQ, BUSAK, and EXIN to the expansion bus.
-PTY support for u*x OSes [F.Ulivi]
-Fix to allow mips3 exceptions to detect branch delay slots for setting
EPC. Minor cleanup/correction for n64.c [Happy]
-Added Siemens Sicomp PC16-05 BIOS ROM (Multitech MPF-PC/700 mainboard) [rfka01]
-Split cat.c into separate drivers for canon cat and iai swyft. [Lord Nightmare]
-PSX GPU: Fix the 24bit rendering of video sequences on games such as
GranTurismo and Digimon World 3 [Felipe Sanches]
-ETI-660 fixed and working [Robbbert]
-Camputers Lynx 48k, 96k, 128k fixed and working. [Robbbert]
-Game-A-Tron gambling hardware changes [Roberto Fresca]:
* Added siren/alarm input to Pull Tabs, and beeps/alarm input to Four
In One Poker. All these are present in the Test Mode. However,
their functions aren't clear.
* Switched the PSG to SN76489, since it's present in the Bingo PCB.
* Added technical notes and more documentation.
-Pinball, Bally early solid state (by17.c by35.c) [Quench]
* Add mockup playfield layouts for Playboy, PowerPlay and Matahari
that includes input/output devices
* Add sound to first gen -35 games
* Various fixes based on schematics and measurements.
-TMS52xx: Fix a bug where if the FIFO contained exactly 0 bytes and a
SPEAK (VSM) command was issued, the command would instantly terminate
due to the FIFO being empty even though the chip wasn't in SPEAK
EXTERNAL mode. Fixes speech in TI Extended Basic [Lord Nightmare]
-wackygtr: added inputs and internal layout. [Sandro Ronco]
-Aristocrat MKV driver: Added the undumped PLD devices to Adonis
(parent) ROM_LOAD since is running in the same hardware than the
recent added clon. [Roberto Fresca]
-Aristocrat MKV driver: Added PCB ASCII layout and components
description. Added extra documentation and some notes. [Roberto
-Aristocrat MKV driver improvements [Roberto Fresca]
Added the undumped ST93C46 serial EEPROMS to Adonisa, and added a placeholder to
the parent set for the same devices, flagged as NO_DUMP. Added master
crystal via #define, and derived the CPU clock. Added some technical
-saa5050: graphics generator and character rounding [Nigel Barnes]
* implemented graphics generator, no longer read from fake ROM
* added character rounding
* improved control code handling
* added ROMs for variants saa5051, saa5053, saa5054, saa5055,
-osborne1: add SCREEN-PAC support [Vas Crabb]
* implement 104-column and pseudo-80-column modes
* correct scrolling in 52-column mode according to schematics
* approximate scrolling in 104-column and pseudo-80-column modes
* rework Osborne 1 memory and I/O maps to match schematics
-bbc: floppy formats and rom updates [Nigel Barnes]
* improved ssd, dsd handling
* added Acorn DOS and CPM formats
* added known good rom configuration for acw443 (Cambridge
* removed some BAD_DUMP flags
-bbc: various softlists [Nigel Barnes]
* bbca_cass - new titles and additional info added
* bbcb_cass - new titles and additional info added
* bbcb_flop - preliminary list containing test cases
* bbcm_flop - preliminary list
* bbc_32016_flop - requires additional hardware emulated
* bbc_65c102_flop - requires additional hardware emulated
* bbc_80186_flop - requires additional hardware emulated
* bbc_arm_flop - requires additional hardware emulated
* bbc_z80_flop - requires additional hardware emulated
* pro128s_flop - all known available dumps
-bbc: fdc intrq/drq causes nmi [Nigel Barnes]
-HLSL changes [ImJezze]
* Unified HLSL render pipline for raster and vector graphics
* simplified draw call of render pass functions
* reduced number of used render targets from 7 to 4 (2 native and 2
* made render pass functions (nearly) independent from each other
* unified render pipeline for raster and vector graphics, which means
that all effects are now also available for vector graphics
* removed/replaced simple.fx by primary.fx
* removed CU_PHOSPHOR_IGNORE uniform, which was only used in phosphor
pass function and is now directly set
* added CU_TARGET_DIMS uniform based on the current render target
* added CU_QUAD_DIMS uniform based on the current full screen polygon
* removed pre-scale knowledge from shaders
* fixed DX9 related half pixel offset in most shaders
* reduced shadow mask color bleeding
* fixed defocus strength with different pre-scales
* added slight noise to bloom effect to reduce the color banding of
lower bloom levels
* fixed position of reflection effect when screen is rotated or
* fixed roundness and size of rounded corners in any aspect ratio
* added distortion pass, which is applied after the bloom pass and
moved curvature, vignetting, rounded corners and reflection effect
to this pass
* fixed bloom stair-step artifacts when screen is curved
* added smooth border effect and option, its amount is limited by the
amount of rounded corners
* added bloom overdrive effect and options, this effect allows to
overdrive pure colors like red, green and blue to become more
* merged vector and raster bloom options, use vector.ini or
raster.ini to distinguish
* added raster.ini and lcd.ini to parse_standard_inis()
* added bounds() and screen_bounds() getter to layout_view
* added current_view() getter to render_target
* many other small changes and refactoring
* fixed vector intensity
* fixed vector flicker
* replace beam width by beam width min. and beam width max. width, this
makes it possible to create a linear dynamic beam width by the amount
of intensity of the beam
* added beam intensity weight, this adds an exponential factor to the
dynamic beam width (values greater than 0 will push larger intensities
more than smaller intensities)
* fixed ratio of "vector points" (zero-length lines)
-psxcd: Declaring ROM images for the CDROM controller MCU. [Felipe Sanches]
-Apollo changes: [Hans Ostermeyer]
* fixed the Apollo floppy disk emulation
* added the media option -node_id resp. -ni to set the node ID from a
node ID rom image file
* fixed the unmapped ISA Bus access to return 0xff instead of 0x00
* removed excessive log entries from unmapped ISA Bus access
* fixed date (and some other issues) in mc146818 (new in MAME 0166)
-Fix for imds2 driver after i8271 modernization [F.Ulivi]
-namcos23: fix the polynew conversion [O. Galibert]
-namcos23: Go back to z-sorting [O. Galibert]
-deorphaned the software lists for cd32, 3do_m2 and pippin so that they get
parsed by the validity checker etc. [Shideravan]
New machines added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Attack Pla Rail (Japan, AP1/VER.A) [Guru, R. Belmont]
Led Storm Rally 2011 (US) [Guru, David Haywood]
Player's Edge Plus (X002287P+XP000057) Pay the Aces NO Faces Bonus Poker [BrianT]
Exidy Sorcerer II [Robbbert]
Unisonic Champion 2711 [David Viens]
SegaSonic Popcorn Shop (Rev B) [ShouTime, The Dumping Union - insert full credit list here]
New clones added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Final Fight (USA 900424) [Bonky0013]
Lightning Swords [System11, The Dumping Union]
Air Duel (World, M82) [system11, The Dumping Union]
Ken-Go (set 2) [caius]
Master Boy (Italian, PCB Rev A, set 2) [Any, The Dumping Union]
WEC Le Mans 24 (v1.26) [Any, The Dumping Union]
Wonder Stick (set 2, censored) [Any, The Dumping Union]
Sliver (set 2) [Any, The Dumping Union]
Joe & Mac Returns (Japan, Version 1.2, 1994.06.06) [rtw, The Dumping Union]
Led Storm Rally 2011 (World) [system11]
Player's Edge Plus (KE0004) Keno [Badbaud, BrianT]
Player's Edge Plus (KE1006) Keno [Badbaud, BrianT]
Player's Edge Plus (KE1013) Keno (set 2) [Badbaud, BrianT]
Player's Edge Plus (PP0042) 10's or Better (set 2) [Badbaud, BrianT]
Player's Edge Plus (PP0045) 10's or Better (Gambler Downtown Reno) [Badbaud, BrianT]
Player's Edge Plus (PP0045) 10's or Better (Par-A-Dice Riverboat Casino) [Badbaud, BrianT]
Player's Edge Plus (PP0045) 10's or Better (Annie Oakely's Central City) [Badbaud, BrianT]
Player's Edge Plus (PP0055) Deuces Wild Poker (set 2, Skyline Casino) [Badbaud, BrianT]
Player's Edge Plus (PP0158) 4 of a Kind Bonus Poker (set 2, Skyline Casino) [Badbaud, BrianT]
Player's Edge Plus (PP0430) Deuces Joker Wild Poker [Badbaud, BrianT]
Player's Edge Plus (PP0459) Joker Poker [Badbaud, BrianT]
Player's Edge Plus (PP0515) Double Bonus Poker (set 4) [Badbaud, BrianT]
Player's Edge Plus (X000055P+XP000038) Deuces Wild Poker (Sunset Station Hotel-Casino)
Player's Edge Plus (X000426P+XP000038) Joker Poker [Badbaud, BrianT]
Player's Edge Plus (X002179P+XP000119) Double Bonus Poker [BrianT]
Player's Edge Plus (XM00006P+XMP00002) Multi-Poker (The Orleans) [Badbaud, BrianT]
New machines marked as NOT_WORKING
Micral 80-22G [Robbbert]
Data RD100 [Robbbert]
Proteus III [Robbbert]
Neo Print (Japan) (T2d) [Bonky0013]
Cuckoo (MV4104, Export) [Roberto Fresca]
Mine, Mine, Mine (Export) [Roberto Fresca]
Party Gras (MV4115/6, Export) [Roberto Fresca]
Penguin Pays (Export) [Roberto Fresca]
Wild Cougar (Export) [Roberto Fresca]
Boot Scootin' (Export, 92.767%) [Roberto Fresca]
Bumble Bugs (Export, 92.691%) [Roberto Fresca]
Cash Chameleon (Export) [Roberto Fresca]
Sub Hunter [Piero Andreini]
The Chariot Challenge (04J00714, NSW/ACT) [Roberto Fresca]
Eagle 1600 [SomeGuy]
New clones marked as NOT_WORKING
Dolphin Treasure (Export) [Roberto Fresca]
Magic Mask (MV4115, Export, set 2) [Roberto Fresca]
Adonis (MV4124/1, Export) [Roberto Fresca]
Mega-CD with 32X (Japan, NTSC) [Shideravan]
Mega-CD with 32X (Europe, PAL) [Shideravan]
Adonis (0100751V, NSW/ACT) [Roberto Fresca]
Dolphin Treasure (Export) [Roberto Fresca]
Queen of the Nile (MV4091, NSW/ACT) [Roberto Fresca]
New WORKING software list additions
a2600.xml: Atari 2600 cartridges
- Stella's Stocking 2008 [The Dumping Union]
- Putty Squad (prototype) [?]
New NOT_WORKING software list additions
RAINE is an Emulator for Arcade games. Raine is a M68000 and M68020 arcade game emulator. Raine emulates some M68000 and M68020 arcade games and is mainly focused on Taito and Jaleco games hardware. It started as an experiment with the Rainbow Islands romset, dumped by Aracorn/Romlist. Raine can emulate many nice games now, and new games (previously unemulated) are appearing weekly.
Raine v0.64.10 Changeling:
- a surprising bug in the clipping of text in the gui which should not have been there
- the fix of mer-curious fireball, hopefully ! ;-)
- a fix for a crash during nam1975 demo because of a stupid fadeout effect !
- But also finally the video priorities for the gunbird driver have been added, plus a few sounds which couldn't be heard before are now played correctly (for almost all the games in this driver).
- neocd music now adapts to the sample rate chosen in sound options
- the fix for the bug about cawing reported just after releasing 0.64.9 !
- plus a few small fixes here and there not worth mentioning...
We've started migrating to a new server. To not cause any downtime we're already connecting to the new server's SQL server and I'll switch over the nameservers to the new server shortly, probably during the day.
Not a whole lot different with the new server hardware wise (8 core Xeon CPU, 32 GB RAM, 2 x 3 TB Enterprise SATA HDDs in RAID 1, 1 Gbit/s) but it's using the latest stable Debian (we used Debian 7.9 before) and a lot of updated software. So we're using Apache 2.4 instead of 2.2, MariaDB 10 instead of MySQL 5.5, PHP 5.6 instead of 5.4 etc. So there's some added stability, security and hopefully a bit speedier.
I've also upgraded to the latest vBulletin version (our forum software).
I present to you Cemu. World's first Wii U emulator capable of running and rendering commercial games!
Can run encrypted Wii U images (WUD) and RPX/RPL files
Internal resolution is 1920x1080 (if supported by game)
For controller input see Here.
Contains basically no optimizations. Expect slow framerates and long load times.
Windows 7 or above (x64) (other platforms may be supported later)
Requires OpenGL 3.3
Tested on NVIDIA: Runs fine on most recent driver
Tested on Intel: Garbled output but runs if OpenGL version is supported
Untested on AMD
Rom UI: Now there is a "preview" window that shows the rom image preview. This is only available in window 2x and above. Everytime you close a rom the last image is captured and is used as the preview. Of course this works only if you load the rom from the "ROMS Library".
NMI: Changed NMI behavior. Games like 1942 run well.
APU: There was a problem in emulated sound that games like 1942 kept sounding. Fixed
fs-uae has released a new development version of its amiga emulator fs-uae
New option floppy_drive_volume_empty.
Switched default key mapping for host backslash and insert keys.
Use GLEW instead of GLee for OpenGL extensions.
When not using FS-UAE Launcher, model A1200 defaulted to kickstart 3.0.
Changes in FS-UAE Launcher 2.5.34dev:
Changed tab panel appearance on OS X to match other platforms.
Renamed language prefs to appearance prefs, added launcher theme option.
Close login dialog before opening database refresh dialog.
Settings UI for specifying empty floppy drive volume (or disabling it).
Added keyboard settings to configure equals/insert/backslash/less mapping.
Added support for WHDLoad 18.1, set as default version.
Replaced some icons, added new rom/ram icon.
Fixed an issue with the new CPU selection.
It Might be NES (imbNES) is a Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) emulator for the Sony PlayStation. It allows NES games to be played on a Sony PlayStation console.
It Might be NES was originally written by Allan Blomquist sometime around 2000, and updated for several years thereafter. The last version released by Blomquist was 1.3.3-WIP1.
Due to a series of circumstances, the project was discontinued.
It was, at that point, a dead-end, since the source code for the project was not public. In 2008, the original author released source code for version 1.3.2, under the GPL license on his website, as he was no longer planning to work on it due to having moved on, so that an interested person could start to make improvements to the emulator.
Unfortunately nobody started to work again on the emulator and the emulator sat unmaintained until 2015, until being picked up again.
A note: source code for 1.3.3-WIP1 was never released, as it was probably lost.
The emulator supports mappers 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 9, 10, 11, 33, 34, 38, 66, 70, 71, 79, 87, 140, 180 and 185. Not all games are guaranteed to work correctly, and some games may have graphical glitches.