mGBA is a new emulator for running Game Boy Advance games. It aims to be faster and more accurate than many existing Game Boy Advance emulators, as well as adding features that other emulators lack.
- Near full Game Boy Advance hardware support.
- Fast emulation. Known to run at full speed even on low end hardware, such as netbooks.
- Qt and SDL ports for a heavy-weight and a light-weight frontend.
- Save type detection, even for flash memory size.
- Real-time clock support, even without configuration.
- A built-in BIOS implementation, and ability to load external BIOS files.
- Turbo/fast-forward support by holding Tab.
- Frameskip, configurable up to 9.
- Screenshot support.
- 9 savestate slots. Savestates are also viewable as screenshots.
- Video and GIF recording.
- Remappable controls for both keyboards and gamepads.
- Loading from ZIP files.
- IPS and UPS patch support.
- Game debugging via a command-line interface (not available with Qt port) and GDB remote support.
mGBA v0.4.0 Changelog:
* Officially supported ports for the Nintendo 3DS, Wii, and PlayStation Vita
* I/O viewer
* Booting of multiboot images
* Customization of GIF recording
* Libretro: Cheat code support
* Support for GLSL shaders
* ROM information view
* Support for VBA-style cheat codes
* Savestates now store creation timestamps
* Key autofire
* Libretro: Allow blocking opposing directional input
* OpenEmu core for OS X
* Libretro: Settings for using BIOS and skipping intro
* Libretro: Customizable idle loop removal
* Implemented cycle counting for sprite rendering
* Cleaner, unified settings window
* Added a setting for pausing when the emulator is not in focus
* Customizable paths for save games, save states, screenshots and patches
* Controller hotplugging
* Ability to store save games and active cheats within savestates
* ARM7: Fix sign of unaligned LDRSH
* ARM7: Fix decoding of some ARM ALU instructions with shifters
* Debugger: Fix watchpoints in gdb
* GBA: Fix warnings when creating and loading savestates
* GBA: Fix Iridion II savetype
* GBA BIOS: Fix misaligned CpuSet
* GBA Cheats: Fix cheats setting the Action Replay version
* GBA Hardware: Fix GPIO on big endian
* GBA Memory: Fix DMA register writing behavior
* GBA Memory: Fix DMAs triggering two cycles early
* Libretro: Fix aspect ratio
* Qt: Fix some potential crashes with the gamepad mapping
* Qt: Fix keys being mapped incorrectly when loading configuration file
* Util: Fix PowerPC PNG read/write pixel order
* Util: Fix excessive memory allocation when decoding a PNG
* VFS: Fix VFileReadline and remove _vfdReadline
* All: Improved PowerPC support
* All: Fix some undefined behavior warnings
* ARM7: Combine shifter-immediate and shifter-register functions to reduce binary size
* Debugger: Convert breakpoints and watchpoints from linked-lists to vectors
* GBA: Implement bad I/O register loading
* GBA: Allow jumping to OAM and palette RAM
* GBA BIOS: Finish implementing RegisterRamReset
* GBA Config: Add “override” layer for better one-time configuration
* GBA Input: Consolidate GBA_KEY_NONE and GBA_NO_MAPPING
* GBA Memory: Use a dynamically sized mask for ROM memory
* GBA Memory: Implement several unimplemented memory access types
Added fullscreen support
Added support for running extracted applications (.rpx with external files)
Added support for launching games via command line parameter
Vastly improved graphics
Improved accuracy and stability of filesystem code
Many smaller changes to various parts of the emulator
nGlide is a 3Dfx Voodoo Glide wrapper which means it 'emulates' 3Dfx Glide Library, so you don't need to have a 3Dfx Voodoo card to play games written for Glide API. Both versions of Glide API are supported, Glide2 (glide2x.dll) and Glide3 (glide3x.dll). nGlide translates all Glide callings to Direct3D, which is supported by almost all today's graphics cards.
nGlide v1.05 Changelog:
-added support for F-16: Fighting Falcon
-added support for Space Haste
-fixed Actua Golf 2 ui issues with older Radeons
-fixed Actua Soccer 2 seams glitch
-fixed Driver missing lens flare effect and wrong drawing distance
-fixed Killer Loop buggy time indicator background
-fixed Powerslide blinking car shadows
-fixed Time Warriors glitches with 320x200/640x400 viewports
-fixed Total Soccer 2k disappearing goal nets
-fixed Ultimate Race Pro incorrect fog and low texture detail with v1.50
-fixed Warzone 2100 invisible map after building command center
-fixed lack of gamma correction control with games utilizing SST_GAMMA
-added support for Les Visiteurs: La Relique De Sainte Rolande
-fixed NFL Blitz 2000 missing ui text with 3x renderer
-fixed Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 2000 long loading time
-fixed Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 2001 wrong target arrow distance and long loading time
-fixed Xtreme Air Racing resolution issue
-added support for windowed mode (press Alt+Enter while in game to switch)
-added support for extended resolutions
-added support for edge anti-aliasing
-"4:3" aspect ratio option in nGlide configurator renamed to "Preserve original"
-framerate is now capped at 1000fps with VSync=off or windowed mode to reduce power consumption / coil whine
-fixed Alt+Tab switching in multithreaded games
MAME stands for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. When used in conjunction with images of the original arcade game's ROM and disk data, MAME attempts to reproduce that game as faithfully as possible on a more modern general-purpose computer. MAME can currently emulate several thousand different classic arcade video games from the late 1970s through the modern era.
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
- 06097: [Crash/Freeze] (viper.c) Most sets in viper.c: Crashing at start
(32-bit only) (Robbbert)
- 06127: [DIP/Input] (m92.c) thndblst: "Continuous Play" dip switch
value incorrectly labeled (kane)
- 06126: [Crash/Freeze] (suna8.c) hardhea2b: Exception at start (Osso)
- 04900: [Flip Screen/Cocktail] (battlex.c) battlex: Missing Title and
Text while flipped (Osso)
- 06117: [Multisession] (bfm_sc2.c) qntoond, quintoon: MAME crashed when
switching games (Osso)
- 02640: [Gameplay] (megasys1.c) kazan, iganinju: Multiple issues (slow graphic
rendering, missing graphics) (Angelo Salese)
- 06114: [DIP/Input] (cps1.c) sf2m10: Kick inputs are not working LK MK HK (Osso)
- 06090: [Crash/Freeze] (namcos10.c) mrdrilr2, mrdrlr2a: Crash during Init (Osso)
- 06046: [Speed] Several drivers using mc6845.c: Speed is always 90-98% when
- 06104: [Gameplay] (x1.c) x1 [druaga]: druaga fails to get past
loading screen (crazyc)
- 06124: [Crash/Freeze] (phc25.c) phc25, spc1000, fc100: phc25, fc100 crash
at start; spc1000 crash when a letter key is pressed (Osso)
- 06122: [Crash/Freeze] (x68k.c) x68000 [ffight]: crashes with stack crawl (crazyc)
-Added more accurate SSi S14001A speech chip emulation, written by one
of the people at SSi who originally laid out the S14001a silicon in
1974/5! [Ed Bernard]
-nokia_3310.cpp: started implementing the driver based on available
information. Also added dumps for various models. [Sandro Ronco]
-Corrections to some ROM names and labels on Elevator Action based on
pcb pictures. [Lord Nightmare, brizzo]
-tispeak.cpp: Dumped and added correct version of 1979 US Speak &
Spell. [Sean Riddle]
-vicdual: rewrote carnival music board emulation, copy-pasted samples
handling from audio/pulsar.cpp. Kept sample names and function names
the same. [hap]
-XAudio2 support [Brad Hughes]
-Removed this == nullptr checks and fixed most of the resulting
crashes. [MooglyGuy, Tafoid]
-More configuration fixes [AJR]
* terrafb: remove unused NB1414M4
* segas16b.cpp: sanity check forgotten in last confix
* sega16sp.cpp: fix region width, make required (as last confix
-psychic5.cpp: Fixed sprite disable for Bombs Away. [Angelo Salese]
-Pass and return palette devices by reference, not as pointers [AJR]
* Add screen_device::has_palette()
* Require device_gfx_interface::gfx() and palette() to access members
* Getters for atari_vad_device return devices as references, not
-taitotz: replace HLE rendering with actual chip emulation [Ville Linde]
-NAOMI/Chihiro docs update [f205v]
-document rest of Atomiswave registers [brizzo, MetalliC]
-added dump of World Club Champion Football's camera sensor board [ANY]
-tourvis.cpp: Added V4.0 BIOS to the Tourvision driver [system11]
-OS/2 patch [KO Myung-Hun]
-Arkanoid: Add note about the number of optical quadrature slots (24)
the arkanoid 1:20 geared spinner's quadrature wheel. [brizzo]
-Arkanoid.cpp: Set YM2149 emulation to mix channels the same way the
real pcb mixes them, by directly tying them together with no mixing
resistors. This introduces some distortion, but is more accurate
to actual pcb audio. [Lord Nightmare]
-40love.cpp: added global color select bank, fixes colors in later
levels for Forty-Love [Angelo Salese]
-spc1000: cassette tape motor fixed for working properly [Miso Kim]
-arkanoid.cpp: Added emulation of the 68705 timer and timer interrupts.
Fixed bugs with MCU port c ddr handling, latches and edge detection,
added missing interrupt on Z80 write to MCU, and removed a boost
interleave hack which was made unnecessary by these fixes. Switched
the Arkanoid (older) sets to use original Taito A75 06 MCU code as
opposed to the bootleg MCU code used until now. The 3 (newer) and 1
Tournament sets still use hand-hacked bootleg MCU code until original
MCU chips can be dumped and/or decapped. All 9 of the dumped Arkanoid
MCU code roms now work, if hooked up to the appropriate drivers. Hooked
the now-working 'deprotected Taito' MCU dump up to arkanoidjbl. Added an
alternate gfx rom dumped from an original 'older' US board. [Lord Nightmare, Brizzo]
-some fast invaders improvements [ANY]
-Return std::string objects by value rather than pass by reference [AJR]
- strprintf is unaltered, but strformat now takes one fewer argument
- state_string_export still fills a buffer, but has been made const
- get_default_card_software now takes no arguments but returns a string
-Some comments on TRS-01 'early radar scope' 5-PCB set. Fixed some ROM
names based on PCB pictures from Superully. [Lord Nightmare]
-segas18.cpp: Add documentation of a Laser Ghost test PCB [Arzeno Fabrice]
-meadwttl.cpp: ROM labels update for Bombs Away (Meadows) [Stiletto, Andrew Welburn]
-common osd path environment var expansion [Jeffrey Clark]
-add lua console support back in [Jeffrey Clark]
-pc9801_86: add pcm [Carl]
-added official updater roms to the calspeeda set so that you can
update the hdd / game revision if you so please [mrsinister]
-ts803: can display text and graphics, can boot from disk [Gabriele D'Antona]
Dreamcast v1.022 "no MIL-CD" BIOS dumped [Leonard Oliveira]
Katana Set5 Dev.Box BIOS v1.001 found [MetalliC]
sorted out bioses/flashes, removed outdated comments [MetalliC]
-apple2e: fix $c800 arbitration, fixes IDE and SCSI cards
among others. [R. Belmont]
-R9751: Clean up, add timer register, and add another system disk
set to software list [Brandon Munger]
-makedep.py: Finish making it python3-compatible [O. Galibert]
-sfkick.cpp: Fill in missing dipswitches and added dip locations. [Brian Troha]
-Added pre-compiled headers support to build system [Miodrag Milanovic]
-improvements to hp9845b driver [F.Ulivi]
-Increase debug console maximum parameters in debugcon.h [ConHuevosGuey]
-m68k: fix 020+ bfins instruction results and flags [Till Harbaum]
-fidelz80: redumped CC10B PRG ROM [Berger]
-rf5c400: added external memory r/w function [Ville Linde]
-marywu: Most of the hardware has been mapped by analysing the pcb tracks. [Felipe Sanches]
This set of commits include:
a video layout with all 30 LEDs 13 double-digit 7seg modules
an improved memory map hooking up the couple AY8910-3 chips, 2kb of Static RAM and the keyboard/display controller (an i8279 clone)
multiplexing signals for the 7seg displays
LEDs being controlled by the IO ports of the 2 AY8910-3 chips
8-bit set of DIP-Switches, a 2x16 keyboard and 4 push buttons mapped to the i8279 scanlines and return lines
-Some more validity checking improvements: [AJR]
* The -validate command now accepts an optional string, validating only
matching drivers. This has proven useful for debugging. The default is
to validate all drivers as usual.
* Devices' names are tracked when validating their auto-finders.
-Have sound_stream::input_name return the std::string it constructs [AJR]
-Added SteamLink initial support [Sam Lantiga, Miodrag Milanovic]
-Refactored NTSC pass and added sliders [ImJezze]
* merged YIQ encode and decode pass into one NTSC pass
* fixed half texel offset
* re-added usage of A value
* re-added usage of P value
* re-added jitter of B value
* changed default O value to 0
* reduced sample count to 64
* removed duplicate YIQ settings definition
* added sliders for most NTSC settings
* fit B value jitter between a min/max range of 0 and 1
* fit A and B value between a min/max range of -1 and 1
Refactored color convergence pass
* color convergence is now independent from ratio
* color convergence is now limited to a maximum of 10
* the radial color convergence now "translates" the most outer
pixel as they would be translated by the linear color convergence
with the same amount
* added color convergence pass to vector rendering
* fixed half texel offset in pre-scale pass
* fit scan-line jitter between a min/max range of 0 and 1
* color convolution, defocus and phosphor pass will now be skipped
if all influencing parameters are 0
* added hum bar simulation based on [MooglyGuy's] GLSL port of the MAME shader pipeline
* added monochrome-chessboard.png
* added slot-mask-aligned.png (to simulate a TFT LCD
New machines added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Wing Force (Japan, prototype) [ShouTime]
Snow Board Championship [Charles MacDonald, David Haywood]
Waku Waku Marine [Ryan Holtz, Smitdogg, Shoutime, The Dumping Union]
Il Galeone [f205v]
Last Four (09:12 16/01/2001) [f205v]
Samsung SPC-1500 [Miso Kim]
TI-1250 [hap, Sean Riddle]
Speak & Spell Compact (3 versions) [hap, Sean Riddle, Lord Nightmare, Kevin Horton, plgDavid(David Viens)]
Ordisavant (France) [TeamEurope, dlfrsilver]
New clones added or promoted from NOT_WORKING status
Gun Dealer (bootleg) [Yrouel]
Rambo 3 (bootleg of Ikari, Joystick hack) [Any]
Laser Ghost (Japan) (FD1094 317-0164) [Charles MacDonald, ShouTime]
Strider (USA, B-Board 90629B-3, Street Fighter II conversion) [system11]
Nova 2001 (Japan, hack?) [system11]
Stadium Hero '96 (USA, EAH) [Kevin Eshbach, The Dumping Union]
Multi Game '96 (Italy) [system11]
Sly Spy (US revision 4) [system11]
New machines marked as NOT_WORKING
Sequential Circuits Prophet-600 [R. Belmont]
Didact mp68a [Joakim Larsson]
Didact md6802 [Joakim Larsson]
Esselte 100 [Joakim Larsson]
Labeled 'WU- MARY-1A [Felipe Sanches]
Various Tourvision (PCE bootleg) cartridges [system11, The Dumping Union]
- 1943 Kai, After Burner, Armed-F, Ballistix, Be Ball, Chōzetsurinjin Beraboh Man, Bomberman,
Chuka Taisen, Coryoon, Daisenpu, Dead Moon, Devil Crush, Dodge Ball, Dragon Spirit, Final Blaster
Final Match Tennis, Gunhed, Hana Taka Daka, Jinmu Densho, Kiki Kaikai, Legend of Hero Tonma
Mizubaku Daibouken Liquid Kids, Mr Heli, Ninja Ryukenden, Operation Wolf, Override, Pac-Land
PC Genjin Punkic Cyborg, Power Drift, Pro Yakyuu World Stadium '91, Psycho Chaser, Puzzle Boy
Raiden, R-Type II, Saiga No Nindou - Ninja Spirit, Salamander, Shinobi, Side Arms, Skweek
Son Son II, Tatsujin, Terra Cresta II, Toy Shop Boys, Veigues, Winning Shot, W-Ring, Xevious
Doraemon Meikyuu Daisakusen
Unknown Tab Austria Poker [ANY]
Roland TR-606 [hap, Kevin Horton]
Pyon Pyon Jump [Ryan Holtz, Smitdogg, Shoutime, Roberto Fresca, The Dumping Union]
Fidelity Voice Excellence [plgDavid, hap]
Fidelity Sensory Chess Challenger 12-B [Berger]
Dragon Treasure 3 (Rev A) (GDS-0041A) [Jorge Valero, rtw, The Dumping Union]
New clones marked as NOT_WORKING
Fidelity Voice Chess Challenger (Spanish) [Berger]
Fidelity Voice Chess Challenger (German, French) [plgDavid, hap]
Sega Bass Fishing Challenge Version A [gamerfan, brizzo, MetalliC, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
Raizin Ping Pong (V2.01J) [Shoutime]
Power Shovel ni Norou!! - Power Shovel Simulator (v2.07J, alt) [Shoutime]
Desert Patrol (set 2) (Project Support Engineering (Telegames license)) [blinddog1, Paul Swan, gregf]
Maniac Square (protected) [Charles MacDonald]
Pacman Club (set 1, Argentina) [Roberto Fresca]
Pacman Club (set 2, Argentina) [Roberto Fresca]
New WORKING software list additions
tutor.xml: Tron (Jpn) [TeamEurope, Steve]
snotec.xml: added 4 new cart dumps. [TeamEurope]
Added 10 new cart dumps for PreComputer 1000. [TeamEurope]
Added 2 new cart dumps for Ordisavant (France). [TeamEurope, dlfrsilver]
c64_flop.xml: Added Little Knight Arthur. [Pasi Hytönen]
c64_cart.xml: Added KoalaPainter. [Curt Coder]
New NOT_WORKING software list additions
casloopy.xml: Loopy Town no Oheya ga Hoshii! [TeamEurope, Steve]
casloopy.xml: Lupiton no Wonder Palette [TeamEurope, Steve]
database.xml: Leapfrog [TeamEurope & Steve]
Nemulator is win32 NES emulator.nemulator 2.0 uses DirectX 10, therefore Windows Vista or Windows 7 is required. If you receive an error message stating that d3dx10_33.dll is missing, please download the latest DirectX 10 update from Microsoft at microsoft.com. You need a lot of horsepower (probably a dual-CPU/core system) to run the menu at full speed.
nemulator v4.01 Changelog:
* Fixed some bugs that were introduced in recent versions:
Some gamepad configurations stopped working in nemulator 4.0
Fixed shaky status bar in Mickey's Safari in Letterland
RetroArch is a multi-system emulator for Linux, Windows, Mac OS X and *BSD. It is formerly known as SSNES. Its design and background is quite different than most other emulators as RetroArch does not implement an emulation core itself. RetroArch talks to libretro, a generic emulator core API. This means that RetroArch is core agnostic, and it does not care which emulator core is running.
Currently there are libretro implementations for systems such as SNES, NES, GBA, GB/GBC, Genesis, and even arcade games (Final Burn Alpha).
libretro isn't only usable for emulators. A preliminary port of an open source reimplementation of Cave Story has been ported to libretro as well.
RetroArch believes in modularity. The application itself is a command-line driven application suitable for HTPC and/or headless use. There also exists a GUI frontend for RetroArch, supporting every single config option available in RetroArch.
RetroArch v1.3 Changelog:
* OSX PowerPC version released! Requires OSX 10.5 (Leopard).
* All cores that the PowerPC version supports are currently included into the ZIP itself because our buildbot does not yet serve up PowerPC cores for OSX yet.
* PlayStation3 version is back!
* PlayStation Vita version released!
* 3DS version released!
* Too many changes to mention.
higan (formerly bsnes) is a Nintendo multi-system emulator that began development on 2004-10-14. It currently supports the following systems:
- Super Famicom
- Game Boy
- Game Boy Color
- Game Boy Advance
higan also supports the following subsystems:
- Super Game Boy
- BS-X Satellaview
- Sufami Turbo
This release features improvements to all emulation cores, but most substantially for the Game Boy core. All of blargg's test ROMs that pass in gambatte now either pass in higan, or are off by 1-2 clocks (the actual behaviors are fully emulated.) I consider the Game Boy core to now be fairly accurate, but there's still more improvements to be had.
Also, what's sure to be a major feature for some: higan now has full support for loading and playing ordinary ROM files, whether they have copier headers, weird extensions, or are inside compressed archives. You can load these games from the command-line, from the main Library menu (via Load ROM Image), or via drag-and-drop on the main higan window. Of course, fans of game folders and the library need not worry: that's still there as well.
Also new, you can drop the (uncompressed) Game Boy Advance BIOS onto the higan main window to install it into the correct location with the correct file name.
Lastly, this release technically restores Mac OS X support. However, it's still not very stable, so I have decided against releasing binaries at this time. I'd rather not rush this and leave a bad first impression for OS X users.
* higan: project source code hierarchy restructured; icarus directly integrated
* higan: added software emulation of color-bleed, LCD-refresh, scanlines, interlacing
* icarus: you can now load and import ROM files/archives from the main higan menu
* NES: fixed manifest parsing for board mirroring and VRC pinouts
* SNES: fixed manifest for Star Ocean
* SNES: fixed manifest for Rockman X2,X3
* GB: enabling LCD restarts frame
* GB: emulated extra OAM STAT IRQ quirk required for GBVideoPlayer (Shonumi)
* GB: VBK, BGPI, OBPI are readable
* GB: OAM DMA happens inside PPU core instead of CPU core
* GB: fixed APU length and sweep operations
* GB: emulated wave RAM quirks when accessing while channel is enabled
* GB: improved timings of several CPU opcodes (gekkio)
* GB: improved timings of OAM DMA refresh (gekkio)
* GB: CPU uses open collector logic; return 0xFF for unmapped memory (gekkio)
* GBA: fixed sequencer enable flags; fixes audio in Zelda - Minish Cap (Jonas Quinn)
* GBA: fixed disassembler masking error (Lioncash)
* hiro: Cocoa support added; higan can now be compiled on Mac OS X 10.7+
* nall: improved program path detection on Windows
* higan/Windows: moved configuration data from %appdata% to %localappdata%
* higan/Linux,BSD: moved configuration data from ~/.config/higan to ~/.local/higan
MasterGear is a program that emulates 8bit SEGA videogames on your computer. It runs games made for SEGA MasterSystem (Mark3 in Japan) and GameGear, as well as their predecessors: SG1000, SC3000, SF7000, and Mark2. MasterGear will also help hobbyists who still write software for these systems to debug their works without using rare and costly development hardware.
MasterGear v3.5 for Windows Changelog:
* Switched to the new VRAM/CRAM/VDP access mechanism.
* Added 224/240-pixel screen modes for GameGear.
* Added new CodeMasters mapper detection scheme.
* Fixed serial port status (CJ Elephant Fugitive GG).
* Fixed artefacts in Wolf Child.
* Fixed Star Trek GG screen shift.
* Fixed Micro Machines 1/2 GG screen artefacts.
* Fixed most Cosmic Spacehead issues.
* Added CodeMasters game CJ Elephant Fugitive GG.
* Added CodeMasters game Cosmic Spacehead GG.
* Added CodeMasters game Micro Machines GG.
* Added CodeMasters game Micro Machines 2 GG.
* Added CodeMasters game Pete Sampras Tennis GG.
* Amplified pixel color raster effects.
* Added « Play Sound When Inactive » option to MG-Windows.
* Updated MG-Windows « About » box.