PPSSPP has released a new version of its emulator today, now at 1.6
This time, it's all about speed. The Vulkan backend has improved as is now the default where available, while the OpenGL backend has been properly multithreaded and now runs really fast on dual-core devices. Enjoy!
The Android release will be rolled out slowly over the next week to catch bugs. If you want it now now NOW then download the APK!
* OpenGL backend now properly multithreaded, giving a good speed boost.
* Various Vulkan performance improvements (like #10911) and memory allocation fixes.
* GPU command interpreter performance improvements (#10658)
* Various fixes for app switching and widgets (#10855) on Android
* Bugfixes and some performance improvements in the ARM64 JIT compiler and IR interpreter
* Shader cache enabled for Vulkan
* Multiple iOS fixes, including JIT (#10465) and file browser (#10921).
* Improved compatibility on Mac (#10113)
* Texture replacement ID bugfix (note: some textures from 1.5.4 may become incompatible)
* Adhoc multiplayer fixes (#8975)
* Vulkan support on Linux/SDL (#10413)
* Retroarch support