Nova is a Sega Saturn Emulator(SS Emulator) for Windows. Nova is capable to run several commercial games, but it's still in its early stage.
1.automatically select regions.
2.automatically select cartridge types by editing cart.json.
3.automatically save backup memory.
Nova doesn't support:
2.run games via a CD drive
SCU: Added byte access of registers, Burning Rangers is playable now.
VDP2: Added MSB color calculation.
SCSP: Added read access of sound stack.
System: Preliminary support for PAL mode, Romb Raider (Europe) is playable now.
VDP1: Fixed MSBON.
VDP2: Fixed issues of MSB shadow, resolved the shadow disappearance of Asuka 120% Burning Fest.
Nintaco is a cycle-accurate Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) / Famicom emulator and NES Sound Format (NSF) player written in Java, ostensibly making it cross-platform. It supports the vast majority of games including those for the Famicom Disk System (FDS), Dendy and Vs. UniSystem along with a plethora of peripherals. It tracks play history, enabling the player to rewind time to undo mistakes, and to watch, export, edit and resume play at any point in the past. It supports netplay, save states, video and audio recording, video filters, screenshots, cheat codes, a debugger and a TAS editor. It can be controlled programmatically via an API. It provides automatic capturing of sprites and level maps. It even simulates R.O.B., the Robotic Operating Buddy.
Nintaco (2017/10/13) Beta changelog
Fixed malfunctioning Zapper trigger button API functions.
Clicking on the title bar, menu items or any point outside of the window no longer activates the Zapper trigger button.
DEmul, a Dreamcast emulator which also emulates the arcade boards of Naomi 1, Naomi 2, Hikaru, and Atomiswave.
* OnChip access correct bit width only
* add flti0/1 PR flag check
* reg binding cleanups and fixes, PR sanity checks
* fix DIV0S, optimize DIV1 and add linking current block
* fix Invalidation code
* fix delayed slot exceptions
* interrupts fixes / improvements
* fix CD PLAY after SEEK for Taxi2
* small fix for bleemcast (almost work)
* G1 DMA discrete step
* use less attenuated ALFO
* mixing levels fixes
* EG timer fixes
* properly handle Decay level = 0 case
* optimize IRQs
* rewrite SPG
* fix Holly registers for wince
* add real HOLLY IDs for all supported platforms
* speedup boot
* decode boot from Altera firmware
* render fixes: offset color flag, handle flats
* add Gaelco Footall
* preliminary support Gaelco Footall analog inputs
* SCIF link for AW Maximum Speed and Chase1929
* fix Marvel vs Capcom 2 intro Guile character head
* disable menu in fullscreen (fix clicking it with mouse in light gun games)
* netplay: add option to disable flash/sram sync
* set windows timer resolution to min possible value
* rom loading refactoring, NAOMI GD-ROM sets now require security PIC dumps, old GD-rip binaries not supported anymore
* fix save states crash
* improved creation of Dreamcast flash and "timehack"
* NAOMI DIMM CF support
* fix mouse X/Y calc then screen rotated
* fix error when set memcard time in DC bios
* fix DC flash erase, handle correct sector sizes
* Elo touchscreen fixes for Atomiswave and NAOMI StarHorse
* emulated HW210 IC card reader (Dragon Treasure, WCCF)
* SHIO hopper board HLE, Kick'4'Cash playable
* Added all recently dumped games for supported platforms
* Romset in sync with current MAME
* -listxml now generate "merge" tags
* minor romset corrections
* fix AICA DSP recompiler state load crash
and many other changes and fixes, not worth or forgot to mention.
Ootake is a PC Engine emulator for Windows. Ootake is the most frequently updated PC Engine emulator available for windows, and Ootake is also one of the more complete. Also, Ootake is FREE unlike Magic Engine.
Ootake v2.86 changelog:
- "Configure Open Button" was added to "Input-> Configure" menu. You can
change the shortcut key for opening the game file ([O] key and [P] key) to
- "Configure" was added to the top of the "Input" menu, and the menu was
tidied up. * However, this is still complicated. Although it may become
next year, I will make a special form for controller setting.
- "Adjust Old CD-ROM2 Speed (Super Darius)" added to "Setting-> Improve"
menu. When this is checked, in "Super Darius", at the game start and the
boss appearance etc., the CD access time is adjusted to the wait time
equivalent to that of the first (old white machine) CD-ROM2 System. When
this check is removed, the wait time will be as short as PC Engine Duo (
- When a game for ARCADE Card is played, if Resume-Mode ("File-> Set Resume"
menu) is set, if "CD-ROM-> Play with Non ARCADE Card" menu is executed,
the bug that the game stopped (occurred from v2.85) was fixed.
* I think that this is a rare case, but if this trouble makes it
impossible to continue the game, please play the continuation from state
save data. Or, please reset using [F1] key, load from backup RAM (save
data in the game) and continue the game.
- Additionally, a detailed part has been improved and corrected.
+ Thank you very much for your reporting and encouragement. In this version,
there are few changes and the source change is slight. For a while (at
least for the Japanese autumn horse racing season), I will take a break.
I am pleased if this v2.86 becomes a stable version. But, if urgent
trouble or things worked on the previous version did not work, I will fix
it soon and update it.
+ I began Twitter. (Japanese language & a little English language)
http://twitter.com/kitao_n * The happiness of the game is the world human race commonness. It longs for
* I think that it cannot do improvement & correction of the above-mentioned
if there are many neither operation report nor defect report. Thank you
really for you who reported.
mGBA is a new emulator for running Game Boy Advance games. It aims to be faster and more accurate than many existing Game Boy Advance emulators, as well as adding features that other emulators lack.
A new release of mGBA, version 0.6.1, is available. This version is a bugfix release, which contains many stability and accuracy fixes. An extensive list of changes follows after the cut.
GB, GBA: Fix crashes when attempting to identify null VFiles
GB, GBA: Fix sync to video with frameskip
GB, GBA Savedata: Fix savestate-related save overwriting (fixes #834)
GB Audio: Fix NRx2 writes while active (fixes #866)
GB Core: Fix palette loading when loading a foreign config
GB MBC: Pocket Cam memory should be accessible without enabling
GB MBC: Fix SRAM sizes 4 and 5
GB MBC: Fix RTC initialization (fixes #825)
GB MBC: Fix RTC loading when file size is off
GB Memory: Initialize peripheral pointers
GB Memory: Prevent accessing empty SRAM (fixes #831)
GB Memory: Fix HDMA count starting in mode 0 (fixes #855)
GB Memory: Actually load latch time from savestate
GB Serialize: Fix deserializing video STAT
GB Video: Fix 16-bit screenshots (fixes #826)
GB Video: Fix potential hang when ending mode 0
GB Video: Fix read mode when enabling LCD
GBA: Reset active region as needed when loading a ROM
GBA: Fix keypad IRQs not firing when extra buttons are pressed
GBA BIOS: Use core’s VRAM variable instead of renderer’s
GBA Cheats: Fix PARv3 multiline blocks (fixes #889)
GBA I/O: Fix reading from a few invalid I/O registers (fixes #876)
GBA Savedata: Fix 512 byte EEPROM saving as 8kB (fixes #877)
GBA Savedata: Fix size of SRAM saves (fixes #883)
GBA Video: Fix broken sprite blending hack (fixes #532)
Python: Fix importing .gb or .gba before .core
Qt: Fix command line debugger closing second game
Qt: Fix LOG argument order
Qt: Fix timezone issues with time overrides
Qt: Fix sprite export pausing game indefinitely (fixes #841)
SDL: Fix potential race condition when pressing keys (fixes #872)
CMake: Fix CPack dependencies for libpng 1.6
GBA: Detect hardware for Pokémon FireRed ROM hacks
GBA Cheats: Improve detection of raw cheats
Qt: Don’t rebuild library view if style hasn’t changed
Qt: Allow overrides to be saved before a game is loaded
Qt: Hide mouse immediately when loading
SDL: Fix 2.0.5 build on macOS under some circumstances
VFS: Make VFile.truncate work growing files on PSV (fixes #885)
melonDS is part of a second wave of DS emulators. There are a few other emulator projects that are part of it, which you might have already heard of. Either way, check them out!
• new UI, more stable, less windows all over the place
• wxWidgets ditched, lost some weight
• 2D: allow reading BLDALPHA
• GPU: fix potential issues with VCount write
• implement 8bit accesses to some registers
• 2D: mosaic (not quite right for rotscaled sprites)
• 3D: fix culling
• allow 128KB firmwares from DSi/3DS
• 3D: more accurate fog
• 3D: more accurate polygon edges (but not perfect)
• 3D: antialiasing
• 3D: misc optimizations
ATTENTION: The new UI library is incompatible with Windows XP or Vista, so there will be no such builds.
RockNES is a Nintendo (NES) emulator that supports total PPU emulation, total intelligent emulation (including VRCVI intelligent, used by some Japanese games), battery backed RAM, Famicom DiskSystem, VS Unisystem, and some 70 different mappers. In gain, RockNES includes lots of different video modes, as substantially as the ability to loading and economise your back at any stage. You can flush record movies of gameplay.
RockNES v5.54 Changelog:
- Improved Famicom Disk System PPU IRQ timing (thanks Sour).
- Fixed "Skip Disk System license screen" option, working ok.
- Fixed scanlines in NSF mode (while playing a tune & drawing circles).
- Fixed version number in the file properties.
- Minor fixes and improvements./quote]
MAME stands for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator. When used in conjunction with images of the original arcade game's ROM and disk data, MAME attempts to reproduce that game as faithfully as possible on a more modern general-purpose computer. MAME can currently emulate several thousand different classic arcade video games from the late 1970s through the modern era.
What's news in MAME:
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
- 00490: [Sound] (homedata.cpp) hourouki: It is missing voices of "Reach", "Ron" etc. (smf)
- 06658: [Plugins] (mappy.cpp) mappy, mappyj: When using cheats driven by parameter, left arrow doesn't change displayed value (Carl)
- 06672: [Sound] (starwars.cpp) starwars: Missing/malfunctioning sound (AJR)
- 06673: [DIP/Input] (subsino.cpp) stbsub: Missing dip-switch info. (Diet Go Go Fan)
- 06680: [Sound] (namcos2.cpp) metlhawk: Missing sound (Angelo Salese)
- 06682: [Sound] (cinemat.cpp) qb3: Missing AY-3-8910 sound (AJR)
New working machines
Altered Beast (Tiger handheld) [hap, Sean Riddle]
Laser 2001 [cvemu]
Mephisto Modena [yoyo_chessboard, Sandro Ronco]
Mephisto Monte Carlo [Sandro Ronco]
Mephisto Super Mondial II [yoyo_chessboard, Sandro Ronco]
Mephisto Super Mondial [yoyo_chessboard, Sandro Ronco]
R-Zone: Batman Forever [hap, Sean Riddle]
R-Zone: Indy 500 [hap, Sean Riddle]
unknown Italian poker game [caius, AJR, Ivan Vangelista, Roberto Fresca]
New working clones
Alligator Hunt (World, protected) [Pablo]
Beast Busters (Japan, Version 2, J3) [Layer @ jammaplus]
Big Buck Hunter - Shooter's Challenge (v1.60.01) [Ted Green]
Chuka Taisen (Japan) (P0-025-A PCB) [Pacman70]
Iron Horse (version K) [Coolmod, The Dumping Union]
Kick Off (bootleg) [caius, The Dumping Union]
Lady Master of Kung Fu (set 2, older) [Corrado Tomaselli, The Dumping Union]
Land Breaker (World) / Miss Tang Ja Ru Gi (Korea) (pcb ver 1.0) (AT89c52 protected) [Hammy]
Maniac Square (protected, Version 1.0, Checksum DEEE)
[Peter Wilhelmsen, Morten Shearman Kirkegaard, Charles MacDonald, David Haywood]
Royal Card / Royal Jackpot (with a third draw)(encrypted) [Roberto Fresca, Team Europe]
Syvalion (US, PS2 Taito Legends 2) [MetalliC, rtw, Zerochan]
Syvalion (World, PS2 Taito Legends 2) [MetalliC, rtw, Zerochan]
Machines promoted to working
Alligator Hunt (Spain, protected) [David Haywood, Darksoft, Morten Shearman Kirkegaard, Peter Wilhelmsen]
Big Buck Hunter - Shooter's Challenge (v1.60.01) [Ted Green]
Big Buck Hunter Call of the Wild (v3.02.5) [Ted Green]
Big Buck Hunter II - Sportsman's Paradise (v2.02.11) [Ted Green]
Glass (Ver 1.1, Break Edition, Checksum 49D5E66B, Version 1994) [Peter Wilhelmsen, Morten Shearman Kirkegaard, David Haywood]
Great Guns [Angelo Salese]
Maniac Square (protected, Version 1.0, Checksum CF2D)
[Peter Wilhelmsen, Morten Shearman Kirkegaard, Charles MacDonald, David Haywood]
Mazer Blazer (set 1) [Angelo Salese]
Mephisto Mega IV [Sandro Ronco]
Tecmo World Cup '94 (set 1) [Angelo Salese]
Virtual Pool [Ted Green]
Clones promoted to working
Big Buck Hunter - Shooter's Challenge (v1.50.07) [Ted Green]
Glass (Ver 1.0, Break Edition, Checksum C5513F3C) [Peter Wilhelmsen, Morten Shearman Kirkegaard, David Haywood]
Glass (Ver 1.0, Break Edition, Checksum D3864FDB) [Peter Wilhelmsen, Morten Shearman Kirkegaard, David Haywood]
Mazer Blazer (set 2) [Angelo Salese]
Mephisto Monte Carlo IV LE [Sandro Ronco]
Slap Fight (A76 set, GX-006-A PCB) [Corrado Tomaselli, The Dumping Union]
Tecmo World Cup '94 (set 2) [Angelo Salese]
New machines marked as NOT_WORKING
Cisco/Fisco 400 [TTL] [Andrew Welburn]
Convergent Miniframe [rfka01, R. Belmont]
Gaelco Football [Peter Wilhelmsen, Smitdogg, The Dumping Union]
Gran Trak 10/Trak 10/Formula K [TTL] [Mike Salay]
Gran Trak 20/Trak 20/Twin Racer [TTL] [Ed Fries]
Le Mans [TTL] [teeray]
Nintendo DS [Ryan Holtz]
Qwak!/Quack [TTL] [Ed Fries]
Triumph-Adler alphatronic P3 [Dirk Best, rfka01]
New clones marked as NOT_WORKING
AEG Olympia Olytext 30 [rfka01]
Bingo Wave [Harcsa Bela, caius]
Ericsson PC [Joakim Larsson Edstrom, Joel Tegner]
Ericsson Portable PC [Joakim Larsson Edstrom, Joel Tegner, FakeShemp]
Guns N Roses (2.00) [Gore Daimon, Guilherme Cobra]
Meteor (Stern, set 2) [Gore Daimon, Guilherme Cobra]
PC/AT 386SX (VGA, MF2 Keyboard) [Carl]
Robot Hunting (bootleg of Death Race) [TTL] [f205v, Any]
Schneider EURO PC II [rfka01]
Schneider EURO XT [rfka01]
Shootout Pool Prize (Export) / Shootout Pool The Medal (Japan) Version B -P [Ordyne]
New working software list additions
apple2: Thief [san inc. & TRex]
apple2_cass: Color Demosoft / Little Brickout, Lords of Karma, Startrek / Starwars [Dagarman]
archimedes: SCSI Support Disc [Nigel Barnes]
bbcb_flop: ArcPinball [Nigel Barnes]
c128_cart: VizaWrite 128 [terror]
hp85_rom: Assembler ROM, I/O ROM, Matrix ROM, Service ROM, Service ROM (fixed) [F.Ulivi]
Concurrent PC DOS 3.2, Concurrent PC DOS 4.1, Concurrent DOS XM 6.0, Concurrent DOS XM 6.01, Concurrent DOS XM 6.21 [Justin Kerk]
Freddy Pharkas, Frontier Pharmacist [ArcadeShadow]
Wing Commander II - Special Operations 1, Wing Commander II - Special Operations 2 [breiztiger]
Concurrent DOS 386 2.0, Concurrent DOS 386 3.01 [Justin Kerk]
kayproii: Digital Keyboards' Synergy Host Control System [shattered]
laser2001_cart: Salora Disk Drive [cvemu]
pce_tourvision: Bomberman 93, Die Hard, Hit The Ice, Knight Rider Special [system11]
spectrum_cass: Currah MicroSpeech Demo, Fuller Box Orator Demonstration, Shadow of the Unicorn, Spectrum Voice Chess [Nigel Barnes]
Translations added or modified
Dutch [Jos van Mourik]
Spanish [A. Viloria]
Turkish [Kadir Eksi]
-Added new AM9513 System Timing Controller device. [AJR]
-Improved 28XX parallel EEPROM emulation: [AJR]
* Emulated direct manipulation of /OE line for read/write mode control.
* Added special handling for data polling before a write has completed.
* Allow optional configuration to lock EEPROM after each write, as often used by Atari.
* Replaced Atari EEPROM interface devices with base device - to use old NVRAM files, rename them from eeprom_eeprom to eeprom.
-z8 improvements: [AJR]
* Made data space optional.
* Fixed stack pop semantics.
* Mask addresses for external memory accesses based on P0 control bits.
* Fixed C flag polarity for CP/SBC/SUB, and actually subtract with carry in SBC (lets amerihok pass initial checksum).
* Fixed interrupts.
-megaplay: Routed start buttons through BIOS, still not working properly. [AJR]
-quizpun2: Emulate COP402 MCU. [AJR]
-COP400 overhaul: [AJR]
* Rewrote execution control logic to fetch each byte of an instruction separately in one pass of the main loop.
- Provides EEPROM-compatible timing for the SIO shift register, allowing the 93C46 on quizpun2 to be read and written properly.
* Added M pseudo-register (internal RAM referenced by B) to debugger state.
* Added T register to debugger state on devices where it only affects SKT.
* Display SIO state in binary when it is defined as a shift register.
* Allowed skipped instructions and the SKIP flag to be debugged using a compile-time switch (disabled by default).
-weststry: Prevent mistimed interrupts that were killing sound. [AJR]
-rs232: Added 9615 Baud rate actually used by a number of systems. [AJR]
-Fixed Lunar Lander Language ROM - now passes self-test (built from source). [Andrew Welburn]
-gstriker.cpp updates: [Angelo Salese]
* Added MCU simulation to clone romset twrldc94a.
* Added buffered spriteram (sprites being ahead 2 frames).
* Fixed tournament logic for Tecmo World Cup '94.
* Improved mb60553 zooming alignment (mostly noticeable in Tecmo World Cup '94).
* Added rotation to mb60553 core (used by V Goal Soccer during football field display).
-ninjaw.cpp: Changed to saner interleave CPU timings, attempted to fix missing enemies bug in Ninja Warriors. [Angelo Salese]
-rockrage.cpp: Fixed priorities and text tile banking for Rock N Rage. [Angelo Salese]
* Fixes stage 1 boss eyes flashing and Shena display inside the bubble at stage 5 boss.
-mb_vcu.cpp updates: [Angelo Salese]
* Added multi-layer drawing.
* Improved layer clearing for Mazer Blazer, fixed layer clearing for Great Guns.
* Added collision detection feature, specific to Mazer Blazer.
-mazerbla.cpp: Added backup RAM, fixed lightgun inputs for Great Guns. [Angelo Salese]
-itech8.cpp: Ninja Clowns improvements: [Angelo Salese]
* Fixed palette read accesses, fixes many color bugs.
* Fixed 0x40000-0x7ffff constant area, program ROM now checksums correctly.
* Moved vblank IRQ generation - fixes frames per second jerkiness.
-model2.cpp: Fixed luma overflow (Virtua Striker flag colors). [Angelo Salese]
-ymf271.cpp: Added slot end status bits (fixes at least missing shots samples for Desert War). [Angelo Salese]
-saturn.cpp: Fire a VDP1 IRQ when an illegal sprite opcode is encountered (fixes Sexy Parodius booting). [Angelo Salese]
-pce_cd.cpp: Fixed few bogus CD-ROM state bugs (fixes booting for Snatcher). [Angelo Salese]
-ladyfrog.cpp: Added missing DAC sound chip (fixes death scream in Touche Me). [Angelo Salese]
-flstory.cpp: Merged memory maps and fixed gfx bank default (fixes Onna Sanshirou POST messages). [Angelo Salese]
-bigevglf.cpp: Added DAC (cup in, crowd applauses samples). [Angelo Salese]
-buggychl.cpp updates: [Angelo Salese]
* Fixed sound timer IRQ frequency (fixes enter initials BGM tempo).
* Fixed background pen and clipping enable (fixes title screen and stage 3 graphics).
* Fixed inputs, namely accelerator being analog now.
-vicdual.cpp: Added sound samples to Borderline. [Angelo Salese, Corrado Tomaselli]
-ioport.cpp: Fixed a longstanding INP playback desync bug caused by a rand() call in the MAME core. [Angelo Salese, hap]
-leland: Fixed missing DAC sounds in later Ataxx-era audio. [Barry Rodewald]
-vamphalf.cpp: Added idle skipping speedup hack for coolminii. [Brian Troha]
-luaengine: Added translation support. [Carl]
-altos8600: Added serial board. [Carl]
-c64_cart.xml: Added accompanying disk to 4040+Fast Hack'em cartridge. [Curt Coder]
-Demoted Megaplay to not working. [David Haywood]
-Demoted Panic Road to not working - playtesting shows that the collisions aren't right. [David Haywood]
-floppy: Added drive LED callback. [Dirk Best]
-Added Data East IRQ Controller device used by games in the cninja and deco32 drivers. [Dirk Best]
-deco32 improvements and cleanups: [Dirk Best]
* Emulated LC7535-based volume control for Dragon Gun board based games.
* Added DSW3 and DIP switch locations to Captain Avenger.
-deco156: Cleaned up palette. [Dirk Best]
-Fixed ROM size for Tank (atarittl.cpp) based on recent verification dump. [Ed Fries]
-Miscellaneous Master System/Game Gear fixes: [Enik Land]
* Corrected author of the SMS multipad device hardware.
* Map upper addresses of the SMS2/GG memory map unused by devices to RAM (fixes 'shero' GG game).
* Added PCB info for 'termntr' and fixed mapper of 'jangpun2' entries of the SMS software list.
* Fixed a soft reset bug in the mapper code for the '4pak' entry of the SMS software list.
* Remove two obsolete comments from the period when MESS didn't support BIOS selection.
* Changed two comments to document that player inputs on GG aren't disabled even in SMS mode.
-hp85: Added support for optional ROM cartridges and started a software list. [F.Ulivi]
-a2arcadebd: Added port mirrors so all programs on the test disk work. [Golden Child]
-apple2: Added preliminary support for the Synetix SuperSprite card. [Golden Child, R. Belmont]
-segasp.cpp: Dumped original CF card for "Dinosaur King - Operation: Dinosaur Rescue". [Hellfromabove]
-mc68681: Added the DUART-compatible 68340 serial module. [Joakim Larsson Edstrom]
-68340tmu: Fixed MCR register enum error, silenced some logerror spam by turning them into LOGx statements. [Joakim Larsson Edstrom]
-68340 improvements: [Joakim Larsson Edstrom]
* Deskeletonized the serial module as a device derived from the DUART device (defined in mc68681.cpp).
* Fixed SIM module read register bug and added informative chip select logic LOG messages.
* Simplified code by making the timer module implementation a device with two independent instances.
-clipper interrupt handling fixes: [Patrick Mackinlay]
* Improved interrupt vector handling.
* Fixed C300 interrupt entry and stack frame.
* Fixed pushw where source register is same as stack register.
-psi98: Added basic stub layout with drive LEDs. [rfka01]
-unkitpkr improvements: [Roberto Fresca]
* Improved the input system and mapped remaining inputs, hooked the AY8912 port and rerouted the DIP switches there.
* Added technical notes about the hacked code.
* Added proper palette resnet.
* Confirmed the bipolar PROM dump, it matches the Wall Crash one.
-Royal Jackpot improvements: [Roberto Fresca]
* Added proper inputs/DIP switches and default NVRAM, changed game description and promoted to working.
* Added the three missing PLDs as NO_DUMP.
* Added a DIP switches table from manual and implemented default positions from factory.
* Added some notes about the third draw feature.
-arm7: Added ARM946ES variant, fixed up CPU ID values. [Ryan Holtz]
-cgc7900: Attached keyboard and serial port, and force cold boot. [shattered]
-Corrected regions/titles for Namco System 22 and System 23 games. [sjy96525]
-Implemented program counter break point to PlayStation CPU, and re-added PlayStation EXE, CPE and PSF loading. [smf]
-Added named constants for INS8250 registers/bits (LSR/MCR/LSR). [Sven Schnelle]
-HP HIL: Pass through commands between devices. [Sven Schnelle]
-HP9000/300 improvements: [Sven Schnelle]
* Added HIL keyboard support.
* Fixed detection of DIO cards.
* Disabled DMA controller workaround (caused ROM to use unimplemented DMA functionality, now falls back to PIO).
* Added SN76494 sound device.
-hp9k_3xx: Hooked up keyboard/sound to HP9000/332, added 98603 ROM card. [Sven Schnelle]
-hp16500: Connected HIL MLC. [Sven Schnelle]
-tourvis: Added new BIOS dump, clarified BIOS names, and updated several games with newly discovered ID codes. [system11, Tafoid]
-iteagle: Set medium resolution as default for virtpool and remove MACHINE_IMPERFECT_GRAPHICS. [Ted Green]
-Cleaned up and optimised common code: [Vas Crabb]
* Made natural keyboard prefer lower shift states and eliminated O(n) character lookup.
* Turned most ROM entry accessor macros into templates and made them work on tiny_rom_entry/rom_entry pointers/references.
* Started adding iterable class wrappers for specific types of ROM entries.
* Added support for C++ output streams to logmacro.h using LOG_OUTPUT_STREAM macro.
* Improved -listxml performance by another 10% or so.
-Made ROM BIOS reported in -listxml output match what ROM loading does. [Vas Crabb]
-buggychl: Removed NMI trampolines and added mirrors to memory map. [Lord Nightmare]
-grchamp.cpp: Improved sound CPU commuication. [Lord Nightmare]
-taitosj: Improved sound CPU communication and added mirrors to sound CPU memory map. [Lord Nightmare]
-upd7725: Fixed OV1 and S1 flag calculation. [AWJ, Lord Nightmare]
-superqix.cpp updates: [Lord Nightmare]
* Implemented 8751 port2 latch and fixed semaphores.
* Replaced pending communication hacks with scheduler synchronization barriers.
* Split up state class, consolidated port2 handling, and removed unnecessary trampolines.
* Traced out correct clock divider for CPU and MCU from PCB.
* Added emulation of the 8031 bootleg MCU port 3 output latch.
-Fixed corrupt bytes in two MC68705 dumps after re-analyzing raw dump data. [Lord Nightmare, ShouTime]
-retofinvb3: Fixed colors. [Lord Nightmare]
-hexion.cpp: Fixed INT_TIME callback from K053252 CCU (fixes music speed), fixed music pitch for hexionb. [Lord Nightmare]
-notetaker.cpp: Updated notes, and added PROMs typed from source listings. [Lord Nightmare]
-Updated hiscore.dat. [Leezer]
-tnzs.cpp: Corrected ROM PCB locations and added Guru-Readme for the P0-25-A PCB. [Guru]
Mednafen is a multi-game-system emulator, for various platforms, including emulation of the following systems:Atari Lynx,Famicom,GameBoy (Color),GameBoy Advance,Neo Geo Pocket (Color), NES(both NTSC and PAL),PC Engine/TurboGrafx 16 (CD) and SuperGrafx,PC-FX,WonderSwan (Color).
Mednafen v0.9.48 Changelog:
* SS: Fixed graphics corruption in the intro of "Batman Forever".
* SS: Fixed hang in "Jung Rhythm" when trying to retry a failed stage.
* SS: Fixed crash in "Tenchi Muyou! Ryououki Gokuraku" when it tries to play an opening movie.
* SS: Fixed messed-up colors in "Discworld 2".
* SS: Fixed hang when trying to resume a suspended game in "Tactics Ogre".
* SS: Fixed the periodic loud popping noise during FMV playback in "Grandia"(an emulation bugfix; sound may still pop/click if you have a slower CPU of course).
* SS: Added a hack/kludge to allow bypassing of data cache on reads(such that the timing benefits of partial cache emulation are preserved, without cache coherency problems that partial cache emulation sometimes leads to with poorly programmed games), and added an internal database to enable it on select games; fixes graphical glitches and/or hangs in "Area 51 (USA and Europe)", "Clockwork Knight 2 (USA)", "DeJig - Lassen Art Collection", "Father Christmas", "Golden Axe The Duel", "Sega Saturn Choice Cuts", "Spot Goes to Hollywood (USA and Japan)", "Street Fighter Zero", "Street Fighter Zero 3", "Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo", and "Virtual Volleyball".
* SS: Full cache emulation is now enabled for "Whizz"(by using an internal database), to resolve(or at least reduce) quasi-random hanging issues during startup.