VirtueBoy Advance is a new emulator gameboy advance designed to work on devices that can use stereoscopic 3D, such as VR headsets, by Myles Johnston.
It has many options to adjust the 3d effect, so can be tailored to your tastes, with good compatibility, and now able to select the rom from within the emulator itself, be sure to keep checking back, as constantly updated.
DEmul is a Sega Dreamcast(DC) emulator able to play commercial games.
Demul v0.7 180426 changelog:
* fully emulated scaler/filter, should fix most if not all games which was cut in size if in TV-modes
* filtered NaN UV texture coordinates (Soul Reaver lifebar)
* filtered negative vertex coords (MK Gold with ATI fix)
* allowed upto 128 layers
* emulated primary/secondary render target buffers for Opaque/PunchTrought lists (Agartha proto flashlight)
* fixed MvSC2 SCORE blinking
* handle edge case ELAN IRQs
* auto hide mouse cursor when in full screen (5sec timeout)
* prettify "start in full screen" option
* renamed SPG/GPU display to FPS/RPS
* corrected purupuru device reply (Resident Evil 2)
* fixed xinput crash if attempt to configure inputs during emulation
* fixed few games with inverted "pedal" inputs
* fixed AEG/FEG which might stuck in edge cases (some sounds in MvSC2, ReVolt jump sound, etc)
* fixed RF ID generators for Dinoking, Love&Berry, etc
* small correction JVS I/O Sense line
* patch for Orion Puzzle Collection (workaround for Kalisti SDK bug)
* documented actual game developers in game list
For our April release, we're bringing even more elusive electronic esoterica to light. MAME 0.197 finally includes support for the 1987 version of the Spanish quiz game Master Boy, believed to be Gaelco's first release. There are now drivers for several Neo-Geo MVS variants, exposing different capabilities. Lamp outputs are now supported for The Irritating Maze, bringing the game to life a little more. We've added four more Tiger LCD games, all based on licensed IP: Home Alone, Home Alone 2, Independence Day, and Transformers - Generation 2.
The Sega Model 2 improvements keep coming, with Rail Chase 2 now working. With its protection MCU emulated, Capcom's F-1 Dream is also working. MAME 0.197 adds support for alternate versions and bootlegs of a long list of systems, including Crazy Bonus 2002, Explosive Breaker, Fidelity Excel 68000, Lup Lup Puzzle, Pochi and Nyaa, Renegade, and Silkworm. In addition, there are graphical improvements to Sega ST-V/Saturn, and Magical Tetris Challenge.
There are some nice improvements for computer emulation this month, too. The Acorn Electron has improved video handling and support for the Mega Games Cartridge. The NEC PC-98 CD-ROM software list has been updated with the latest dumps and compatibility status - recent emulation improvements mean more fully supported titles. You can now boot HP-BASIC cartridges on the HP9000/340 series.
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
- 06775: [Media Support] (coco12.cpp) coco, coco2, dragon and clones: Software list does not work for floppy devices (Nigel Barnes)
- 06843: [Misc.] (saturn.cpp) All saturn.cpp sets: CD Block unknown command e2, contact MAMEdev (Angelo Salese)
- 06886: [Graphics] (stv.cpp) vfkids: Corrupt background graphics (Angelo Salese)
- 06926: [Documentation] (galaxian.cpp) amidars: Values are incorrect for "Lives" DIP switch (Tafoid)
- 06928: [Graphics] (mpu4vid.cpp) All sets in mpu4vid.cpp: Graphics corruption (regression) (Carl)
- 06929: [Sound] (suprnova.cpp) All sets in suprnova.cpp: No Audio is present (O. Galibert)
- 06936: [Crash/Freeze] (zn.cpp) techromn and clones: Fatal error: memory_bank::set_entry called with out-of-range entry 255 (Robbbert)
- 06937: [DIP/Input] (galpanic.cpp) galspanic and clones: Second button not assigned (AJR)
- 06942: [Media Support] (x68k.cpp) x68000: Can't save game data to disk (Carl)
New working machines
Home Alone (Tiger handheld) [hap, Sean Riddle]
Home Alone 2 - Lost in New York (Tiger handheld) [hap, Sean Riddle]
Independence Day (Tiger handheld) [hap, Sean Riddle]
Master Boy (1987, Z80 hardware) [David Haywood, ARPA, Recreativas.org, The Dumping Union]
New Cross Pang [f205v, Brian Troha, The Dumping Union]
Transformers - Generation 2 (Tiger handheld) [hap, Sean Riddle]
New working clones
Crazy Bonus 2002 (Ver. 1, set 2) [Ioannis Bampoulas]
Enduro Racer (YM2151) (mask ROM sprites, FD1089B 317-0013A) [coolmod, The Dumping Union]
Explosive Breaker (Korea) [Jorge Silva]
Fidelity Excel 68000 (set 2) [yoyo_chessboard]
Fidelity Excel 68000 (set 3) [yoyo_chessboard]
Garou - Mark of the Wolves (NGH-2530) [Razoola]
Jolly Card (Italian, bootleg, set 3) [f205v, The Dumping Union]
Lup Lup Puzzle / Zhuan Zhuan Puzzle (version 1.05 / 981214) [caius, Brian Troha, The Dumping Union]
Neo-Geo MV-1F [Vas Crabb]
Neo-Geo MV-1FZ [Vas Crabb]
Neo-Geo MV-1 [Vas Crabb]
Neo-Geo MV-2F [Vas Crabb]
Neo-Geo MV-4F [Vas Crabb]
Pochi and Nyaa (Ver 2.02) [Razoola]
Popeye (Braze High Score Kit P1.00D) [smf]
Renegade (US bootleg) [TwistedTom]
Silk Worm (bootleg) [TwistedTom]
Street Fighter II': Champion Edition (Playmark bootleg) [f205v, maru79]
Time Killers (v1.21, alternate ROM board) [Brian Troha, The Dumping Union]
World Rally 2: Twin Racing (mask ROM version) [Corrado Tomaselli, The Dumping Union]
WWF: Wrestlemania (proto 2.01 06/07/95) [Jorge Silva]
Machines promoted to working
F-1 Dream [caius, Caps0ff, David Haywood]
Quiz Channel Question (Ver 1.00) (Japan) [AJR]
Rail Chase 2 (Revision A) [Angelo Salese, R. Belmont, Olivier Galibert, ElSemi]
Clones promoted to working
Quiz Channel Question (Ver 1.23) (Taiwan?) [AJR]
Ufo Robo Dangar (9/26/1986, Japan) [Angelo Salese]
New machines marked as NOT_WORKING
Connectv Cricket (PAL) [Sean Riddle, David Haywood]
Connectv Football [Sean Riddle, David Haywood]
Genius 6 (V110F) [Fabrice Arzeno, The Dumping Union]
Philips VP415 LV-ROM Player [Ryan Holtz]
Skannerz TV [Sean Riddle, Peter Wilhelmsen]
T.T. Speed Race CL [TTL] [Andrew Welburn, Tafoid]
New clones marked as NOT_WORKING
Amazonia King Plus (V204BR) [Cesar Aragao (GarouSP)]
Gokidetor (set 2) [MASH]
Joker Master (V512) [Ioannis Bampoulas]
Paperboy (prototype) [Andrew Welburn]
unknown Elsy poker [f205v, The Dumping Union]
New working software list additions
abc806: Colorful Animals [Genesis Project]
atom_flop: Atom DOS Utilities [Nigel Barnes]
bbcm_cart: Video Filing System ROM Cartridge [Nigel Barnes]
bbcm_flop: Prince of Persia, Teletextr [Nigel Barnes]
coco_flop: Tandy Assembly Demo 2017 [MrGW]
electron_cart: Mega Games Cartridge [Dave Hitchins]
electron_flop: Egghead in Space, The Darkness of Raven Wood, Zombies Ate Our Roadies! [Nigel Barnes]
ibm5150: Breach 2, Future Wars - Adventures in Time (3.5"), The Monuments of Mars! [ArcadeShadow]
Heart of China (Kixx XL release), Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle, Operation Stealth (Euro), Quarantine,
Wolfenstein 3-D (v1.4, 3.5" HD, Apogee newer), Wolfenstein 3-D (v1.4, 3.5" HD, Mindscape), World Cup USA '94 [ArcadeShadow]
neogeo: Garou - Mark of the Wolves (NGH-2530), Pochi and Nyaa (Ver 2.02) [Razoola]
Alice no Yakata III, Alone in the Dark 3, Bacta 1 & 2 + Voice, Ballade for Maria, Bounty Hunter Ludy,
Brandish 3 - Spirit of Balcan - Renewal, Branmarker, Buzz Aldrin's Race into Space - Uchuu e no Chousen, CRW 2, D.P.S. Zenbu,
Daraku no Kuni no Angie - Kyoukai no Mesu Dorei-tachi, Dark Seraphim, De.FaNa, Desire - Haitoku no Rasen,
Doki Doki Disk CD-ban Dai-1-kan: Club D.O. Jimukyoku, Doki Doki Disk CD-ban: Club D.O. Vol. 2,
Doki Doki Disk CD-ban: Club D.O. Vol. 3, Doki Doki Disk CD-ban: Club D.O. Vol. 4-5, El-Hazard - The Magnificent World, GalPani II,
Game CD GA-ME-GA, Gokichi-kun Series - Igo Kinenban CD, Guardian Recall - Shugojuu Shoukan, Hana no Kioku, Hiiragizaka no Kyuukan,
Jinmon Yuugi, LOGiN Disk & Book - RPG Tsukuuru Dante98 II (1996-07-02), Lesser Mern - Special Director's Edition, Love Escalator,
Menzoberranzan - Yami no Monshou, Mugen Houyou, Mujintou Monogatari, Necronomicon, Oh! Kitsune-sama,
Only You - Seikimatsu no Juliet-tachi, PC-9821Xa12C8 System Software, PGA Tour Golf III, PILcaSEX, Revival Xanadu,
Ruriiro no Yuki, Sangokushi V, Sayonara no Mukougawa, Tamago Ryouri, The Legend of Heroes III - Shiroki Majo Renewal,
The Legend of Kyrandia, The Original Pictures of Ryouki no Ori, Toushin Toshi II - Soshite, Sorekara..., Tuned Heart,
Viper CTR - Asuka, Virtuacall 2, Watashi, Yumemizaka & Collections, Yuu Disk Special - CD-ROM Bishoujo Collection [r09]
svi318_cart: Oh, Postrelease [Dirk Best]
New NOT_WORKING software list additions
De La Jet Set Radio (Jpn), Espion-Age-Nts: Industrial Agents for Active Espionage (Jpn), Ikaruga (Jpn), Illbleed (USA),
Imperial no Taka: Fighter of Zero (Jpn), Incoming (Euro), Incoming (Euro, Prototype 19990906), Incoming (USA),
Incoming: Jinrui Saisyuu Kessen (Jpn), Industrial Spy: Operation Espionage (USA), Iron Aces (Euro), Iron Aces (USA), Izumo (Jpn),
Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000 (Euro), Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000 (USA), Jet Grind Radio (USA),
Jet Grind Radio (USA, Prototype 20001002), Jet Set Radio (Euro), Jet Set Radio (Euro, Prototype 20001003),
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu - Dreamcast Edition (Jpn), Jimmy White's 2: Cueball (Euro), Jinsei Game for Dreamcast (Jpn),
Jissen Pachi-Slot Hisshouhou! @ VP@CHI: Kongdom - Shokai Genteiban (Jpn), Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken: Mirai e no Isan (Jpn),
Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken: Mirai e no Isan for Matching Service (Jpn), Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (Euro),
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (USA), July (Jpn), July (Jpn, Rev. 1) [FakeShemp]
Freddi Fisk och fallet med de forsvunna sjograsfrona (Sweden) [FakeShemp]
Who Shot Johnny Rock (Italy) [arena80.it]
A La Conquete Des Nombres - Un Jeu D'Arcade Educatif! (Fra), Adibou - A La Recherche De Robitoc (Fra),
Bob Leponge - Heros D'un Jour (Fra), Cars (Fra), Dis Pourquoi Kirikou (Fra), Disney Princesse - La Magie D'Apprendre (Fra),
Dora L' Exploratrice - Au Secours Des Animaux (Fra), Dora L' Exploratrice - Le Pont Casse (Fra),
La Riviere Des Lapins + L'Atelier De Peinture (Fra), Lapin Malin - Danse Avec Les Mots (Fra),
Oui-Oui - Aventures Au Pays Des Jouets (Fra), Perrito Club - Adopta Un Nuevo Amiguito Y Aprende! (Spa), Ratatouille (Fra),
Scooby-Doo! - Et Les Nombres Fous! (Fra), Spider-Man - L'Affaire Des Mots Mysteres (Fra) [TeamEurope, ClawGrip, Connie]
Angel, DOR Best Selection Gekan, DOR Best Selection Joukan, Dies Irae, Elm Knight - A Living Body Armor,
Epson PC Series Driver Kit for Windows 95, Henshin Ring, Hyoui Tengoku, Manji PSYyuuki,
Ms. Detective File #2 - Sugata-naki Irainin, NEC Driver Kit for Windows 95,
Psychic Detective Series Vol. 1 - Invitation - Kage kara no Shoutaijou, Psychic Detective Series Vol. 2 - Memories,
Psychic Detective Series Vol. 3 - Aya, Schwarzschild EX - Tessa no Seigun, Sensual Angels, Tanjou - Debut,
Vastness - Kuukyo no Ikenie-tachi, Venus & Mug-R, Windows 2000 Professional + Server (MSDN), Windows 95 (OSR2, v4.00.950 B),
Windows 95 Upgrade for Epson PC Series (OSR1, v4.00.950a), Windows 98 (Upgrade), Windows 98 Second Edition [r09]
-Began conversion from MCFG_DEVICE_VBLANK_INT to MCFG_SCREEN_VBLANK_CALLBACK. [AJR]
-bbc: Connected 6845 VSYNC to CA1 on first VIA. [AJR]
-suprstar: Demoted to not working - errors out when inserting coins. [AJR]
-unkhorse: Lowered frequency of 8155 timer driving speaker. [AJR]
-beathead: Replaced NVRAM with parallel EEPROM. [AJR]
-backfire: Added ADC for potentiometer controls. [AJR]
-ARM disassembly improvements: [AJR]
* Calculate R15-relative offsets in disassembly.
* Fixed erroneous identification of S field in data processing opcodes.
* Calculate result of ADD/SUB Rn,R15,#imm.
-pbaction: Use CTC to provide interrupts for sound CPU. [AJR]
-ddenlovr.cpp: Changed main CPU type to TMPZ84C015 for most Z80-based games. [AJR]
-Relaxed constraints on address mirroring/global mask combinations. [AJR]
* Mirror bits may now fall outside the global mask provided they cover the entire masked-out portion.
-umipoker, saiyukip: Changed YM3812 clock and use it to drive sound CPU interrupt. [AJR]
-upd7725: Fixed disassembly. [AJR]
-z80ctc: Made channels into subdevices. [AJR]
-sexygal: Added sample player. [AJR]
-shackled, breywood: Replaced MCU simulation with 8751 code dumped from Breywood and hacked for Shackled. [Caps0ff, AJR]
-stvvdp2.cpp improvements: [Angelo Salese]
* Fixed regression with Cotton 2 backgrounds from stage 2 onward (ROZ mode 3 without rotation parameters).
* Apply ROZ windows per screen output, not per bitmap - fixes Batman Forever character select and the Riddler final stage graphics.
* Fixed RBG0 cache map range - fixes Head On graphics update in Sega Memorial Collection 1.
-stvvdp1.cpp: Preliminary implementation of PMOD 7 (gouraud + half transparent). [Angelo Salese]
* Fixes Lupin the 3rd Pyramid no Kenja enemy shadows.
-warpwarp.cpp: Added optional color setting for kaitei. [Angelo Salese]
-legionna.cpp fixes: [Angelo Salese]
* Fixed regression in background tilemap colors for Godzilla (uses DMA mode 4 like Denjin Makai).
* Fixed Godzilla OKI sound bank switching.
-galivan.cpp, terracre.cpp: Rewrote NB1412M2 as a device. [Angelo Salese]
-namcos12.cpp: Cleaned up code, reduced runtime tagmap lookups, and made COH716 a separate configuration with correct GPU. [cam900]
-djboy.cpp: Cleaned up code, reduced runtime tagmap lookups, modernised sound latches, and implemented stereo output. [cam900]
-firefox.cpp: Cleaned up code, reduced runtime tagmap lookups, and modernised sound latches. [cam900]
-arcadecl.cpp: Cleaned up graphics decode, fixed year in comment. [cam900]
-coolpool.cpp: Modernised CPU-DSP communication latches, and split I/O maps for coolpool and nballsht. [cam900]
-tlc34076: Allocate palette RAM and pens at start time. [cam900]
-atarisy2.cpp: Minor cleanup, use address_map_bank_device for banked video RAM. [cam900]
-cave.cpp: Fixed hotdogst metadata. [cam900]
-pgm.cpp: Removed unused members and converted code to use object finders. [cam900]
-pc9801_86.cpp: Improved PCM timer behaviour - actual master clock still unknown. [cam900]
-partner.cpp, asuka.cpp: Use object finders for memory banks rather than string formatting and tagmap lookups. [cam900]
-zn.cpp: Simplified Z80 bank switching for FX-1 games. [cam900]
-pasha2.cpp: Added output finders for lamps, reduced runtime tagmap loopups, moved bitmap memory allocation to start time, and
simplified/de-duplicated code. [cam900]
-abc80x: Implemented option ROM opcode fetch through character RAM. [Curt Coder]
-Marked Blades of Steel sets as joystick/trackball to reduce confusion. [David Haywood]
-nes: Marked Super Mary a clone of Super Mario Bros (github #3327). [David Haywood]
-xavix: Re-organised and tidied code, and updated notes. [David Haywood]
-bionicc: Started hooking up microcontroller emulation - still relies on hacks. [David Haywood]
-guab: Added RS232 port and update notes. [Dirk Best]
-Rewrote adc0808 device so it actually works and added to a number of drivers. [Dirk Best]
* Added to galastrm, groundfx, jedi, lockon, opwolf3, othunder, superchs, taito_z, tceptor, undrfire, and wheelfir.
-Converted Model 1 I/O to device. [Dirk Best]
-model2: Added proper default values for lightgun games, treat five percent of range as off-screen. [Dirk Best]
-model1, model2: Emulated Model 1 I/O board, and removed I/O RAM device [Dirk Best]
* Includes emulation of the Sega 315-5338A I/O controller, also hooked up to the ufo21 driver.
-Added skeleton device for Ericsson Information Systems IBM3270/5250 terminal adapter 16-bit ISA card. [Edstrom]
-hp64k: Added IEEE488 remotizer to bus. [F.Ulivi]
-Added suspend and resume debugger commands for suspending and resuming scheduled devices. [GavinAndrews]
-starblad: Allow full range of crosshair movement. [geecab]
-Allow building against system pugixml. [Julian Sikorski]
-Fixed issues with CHD loading under Emscripten. [Justin Kerk]
-dc.xml: Fixed interface/name/diskarea so discs can actually boot. [Justin Kerk]
-ti99: Added drive select to HX5102 Hexbus floppy drive - may now be used for storage on TI-99/8 and other systems. [Michael Zapf]
-wd_fdc: Added FM resyncs in READ_TRACK, and changed threshold. [Michael Zapf]
-electron: Added Mega Games Cartridge device. [Nigel Barnes]
-electron: Improved video handling. [Nigel Barnes]
* Fixed wrap-around for non-standard screen start addresses.
* Added RAM contention during screen update.
* Improved interrupt times.
-electron: Fixed bad palette write. [Nigel Barnes]
-bbcm: Fixed paging in of Shadow RAM according to ACCCON. [Nigel Barnes]
-i960: Don't lose register values on read stalls. [O. Galibert]
-bankdev: Allow for an address shift. [O. Galibert]
-Rewrote mb86233/4 CPU cores. [O. Galibert]
-model2: Revamped the coprocessors communications. [O. Galibert]
-sh4drc: Added UML implementations of FADD, FSUB, FMUL, and FDIV. [R. Belmont]
-apple2: Recognize another form of DOS 3.3 in ProDOS order. [R. Belmont, Peter Ferrie]
-Added emulation stubs for the Game Boy Camera hardware allowing the ROM to run. [Risugami]
-crashrd: Added some sound. [Robbbert]
-Completely eliminated set_digit_value, and reduced usage of and deprecated set_led_value/set_lamp_value.
[Ryan Holtz, Robbbert, AJR, Vas Crabb]
-Added skeleton Philips VP415 LV-ROM Player driver - currently fails self-test with error 53. [Ryan Holtz]
* Including basic Fujitsu MB88303 TV Display Controller and Philips SAA1403 Sync Generator devices.
-Standardised on IPT_CUSTOM for custom PORT_BIT handlers, leaving IPT_SPECIAL for the UI. [smf]
-Fixed fencepost in memory_manager::region_containing, which caused regions to be registered for state saving. [smf]
-popeye: Implemented NMI acknowledge and TPP2 watchdog, swapped popeyebl and popeyeb2, and repaired some apparently bad PROM dumps.
-Added QuickLoad option for SMC-777. [Stefano]
-hp9k_3xx improvements: [Sven Schnelle]
* Added 98644 asynchronous serial card.
* Added workaround for double exception during read/modify/write operations confusing the boot ROM.
* Added dummy GPIB read/write handlers (BASIC crashes if not present).
* Added fallback bus error handler for model 340 and later (used by BASIC to probe hardware configuration).
-Added basic window move and cursor control support to hp98544 framebuffer. [Sven Schnelle]
* Used by HP Basic to place letters on the screen by moving them from non-visible memory to the screen.
-Split hp98603 BASIC ROM card into 98603A and 98603B versions with different base addresses and sizes. [Sven Schnelle]
-posixsocket: Set SO_REUSEADDR option. [Sven Schnelle]
-voodoo: Fixed vsync timing and removed anonymous timer. [Ted Green]
-Encapsulated default BIOS selection in device_t and simplified default BIOS selection from machine configuration. [Vas Crabb]
-DSP16 interpreter performance improvements: [Vas Crabb]
* Lifted some tests out of the execution loops allowing them to be specialised at compile time.
* Bypass memory system for work RAM access when debugger is not enabled.
-RAM device improvements: [Vas Crabb]
* Always show default RAM size in XML output, and show sizes as declared in addition to byte count.
* Don't show inaccessible RAM device size options in XML output.
* Exposed RAM size options in minimaws.
-Rearranged device debugger hooks to get a small but measurable performance improvement. [Vas Crabb]
-Removed emucore.o from tools, fixing some inconsistent behaviour with different build options. [Vas Crabb]
-NeoGeo improvements: [Vas Crabb]
* Split MVS into different machines for real variants with different capabilities.
* Split up state classes for different variants.
* Improved address maps.
* Converted EL panel outputs to lamps and hooked up coin counters/lockouts.
* Hooked up controller sense connections for AES.
* Hooked up SPI-like outputs on SIT board used by The Irritating Maze.
* Added layout for The Irritating Maze showing strobes and most lamps.
-ibm5170: Redumped wngcm2sp from unmodified disks. [breiztiger]
-gaelco2.cpp: Added pinout information for World Rally 2 and REF.950906 PCB layout for Touch and Go. [Brian Troha]
-megablst: Replaced C-chip simulation with extracted ROM. [Caps0ff]
-model1: Use real 315-5573 Virtua Racing coprocessor program. [Caps0ff]
-f1dream: Dumped and emulated 8751 microcontroller. [caius, Caps0ff, David Haywood]
-Documented debugger expression number syntax. [Erik Dominikus]
-othunder.cpp: Changed to mono speaker, as shown on schematics and verified on real board. [Guru]
-Demoted TI-73 Explorer (bootleg) to not working. [Julian Lachniet]
-segag80r: Adjusted Sindbad Mystery sound clocks to match PCB footage. [kazblox]
-system1: Documented alternate Star Jacker board with different sound in source. [kazblox]
-dynduke.cpp: Dumped PROMs. [Porchy, Muddymusic]
-PC-98 CD software list updates: [r09]
* Updated with everything from the latest update of the Neo Kobe Collection.
* Tested all software list entries, and added supported status and emulation issues for each one.
* Added usage information for games that require serial numbers or manual protection.
* Added disk 2 of the floppy version of Brandish Renewal, since it's used as a key disk for the CD version.
* Fixed copy-paste error for hybrid discs copied from the FM Towns list.
* Replaced the Sweet Days CHD with a properly converted one.
* Demoted Miamisoft's games to non-working since they seem to hang randomly.
-Added Tourvision BIOS v1.1 and corrected label/description for v2.0. [system11, Tafoid]
mGBA is a new emulator for running Game Boy Advance games. It aims to be faster and more accurate than many existing Game Boy Advance emulators, as well as adding features that other emulators lack.
- Near full Game Boy Advance hardware support.
- Fast emulation. Known to run at full speed even on low end hardware, such as netbooks.
- Qt and SDL ports for a heavy-weight and a light-weight frontend.
- Save type detection, even for flash memory size.
- Real-time clock support, even without configuration.
- A built-in BIOS implementation, and ability to load external BIOS files.
- Turbo/fast-forward support by holding Tab.
- Frameskip, configurable up to 9.
- Screenshot support.
- 9 savestate slots. Savestates are also viewable as screenshots.
- Video and GIF recording.
- Remappable controls for both keyboards and gamepads.
- Loading from ZIP files.
- IPS and UPS patch support.
- Game debugging via a command-line interface (not available with Qt port) and GDB remote support.