BeebEm is a BBC Micro and Master 128 emulator. It will run most BBC Micro software including Elite, Exile and Revs, and most BBC Micro ROM software (e.g. Wordwise) on any modern PC (both Windows, Unix/Linux systems), Mac, PocketPC, PSP, and GP2X .
Here's the changelog from 4.14 version:
* IDE hard drive interface.
- Limited IDE_Geometry command supported, allows 4 heads x 64 sectors
(disks up to 512M), and 16 heads x 64 sectors (disks larger than 512M).
- SCSI and IDE hard drives selectable/configurable.
- Disk images referenced by DiscsPath setting.
* Double-sided SSD disks supported (image file>&40000 bytes long).
* Debugger updates, bug fixes and addition of "script" command.
* XAudio2 sound support (thanks to "bredbored").
* Added a couple of TV resolutions to the DX video mode menu.
* Fixed bug where disk drive sound sticks on.
* Fixed keyboard issue for Dr Who game.
• 65c012 tube emulation (+ Master Turbo) - from 4mhz to 64mhz
• Fixed bug in ARM tube emulation
• Sideways ROMs supported in Master emulation
• Windows version now releases unneeded CPU time
• Sound should hopefully be better
• Better sound in Windows version
• Better CSW support
• Bugfix in mode 7
• Bugfix in cursor handling - Frogman works again, no more random crashes in some games
• Periodic noise pitch now correct - see Icarus, Cute To Kill
• Video can now use hardware scaling - should be faster
• Removed colour errors with 2xSaI filter
• File dialogs now (finally!) work properly
• Can now emulate a Model B with 1770 FDC
• Better mode 7 emulation - many programs improved, eg Granny's Garden
• Added cursor to modes 0-6
• Altered video timing a little
• Added more commands to 1770 FDC - Watford DDFS now works (single density only)
• Some optimisations to video code
• Update VGM logging to latest spec
Changes from v0.82:
* FDI support. Allows use of copy protected disc images. A few bugs in FDC emulation remain, however about 75% of FDI images dumped so far work.
* Improvements to timing, Joust now works, along with some Kevin Edwards protected games.
* Master Compact emulation (largely for some of the dumped FDI images).
* Slight improvements to cassette emulation, loader on Joust now works, speedup now available.
* Fixes and optimisations to ARM emulation.